2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
It looks like it is for the 2.2 Skyactiv D (diesel) motor. Just wanted to give you a heads up since most of us on here have the 2.0 or 2.5 Skyactiv G motors. Bummer, it looks like a really nice set up too.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It looks like it is for the 2.2 Skyactiv D (diesel) motor. Just wanted to give you a heads up since most of us on here have the 2.0 or 2.5 Skyactiv G motors. Bummer, it looks like a really nice set up too.
I don't think that makes any difference. When I searched for compatible exhaust for my 2.5, the HKS was one of the options I came across. I also wanted to to hear some first hand experience on this exhaust but I haven't seen anyone running it on their 3 here. There are some video clips from HKS and also sound specs and other info available on their website but I can't seem to pull the trigger w/o any real world feedback from fellow members. Maybe you can be our first guinea pig? 0:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have no experience with this iteration of the Hi-Power-L exhaust, but I will say the older Hi-Power carbon and JDM Hiper exhausts were good quality on the various cars I owned or installed them on. I ran a Hiper for ~8 years on a previous car with no issues.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ive had HKS Hi Power on a couple of cars and for me its one of the best sounding exhaust out there. You can't go wrong. The RB is also nice though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the 2.2 Diesel version.

I can confirm that any exhaust will fit :)

Reactions: thesilversurfer

·
Registered
159 Posts
You're saying the exhausts are interchangable between 2.0L Gas, 2.2L Diesel and 2.5L gas?
^ this? Can someone confirm this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts