1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey guy!
Let me ask you a question, did you research before doing
purchase?
Normally everybody installs recirc. valve but if you wanted the
typical vta sound, there are better options out there. In my humble opinion the best valve is the gfb t9002 hybrid. You can get full recirc or certain % vta. I have the t9002 and its a great valve, like warlord mentioned once, its the darling of the mazdaspeed forums. Trust me the guys on that forum are very skeptical about bov valves. The other option you had was turbosmart dual port but there valve neither is hybrid.
You asked if this would affect you well yes if you run full 100%
Vta. Are cars are designed to recirculate but you can get some vta to some % point. I,m running around 35% vta and 70% recirc. Remember is an around % because I don't have a way to specifically measure exact %. I can't speak for hks because I havent use there bov, although I know there products are respectful in the market because they have been around for a while, im 42 and when I was racing at the age of 20 hks was already on the market when many companies were not on business yet. So that been said, I don't doubt is a good product but for our cars we need recirc or a certain % of recirc. Hope this helps you. Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
^^^ Well said. :yes:

OP, your gonna run a little rich because the air that the engine has accounted for is now going to be blow off to the atmosphere between shifts instead of being recirculated. You might bog between shifts and stumble when you get back on the gas. How much you can tolerate is up to you.

·
Registered
368 Posts
^^^ Well said. :yes:

OP, your gonna run a little rich because the air that the engine has accounted for is now going to be blow off to the atmosphere between shifts instead of being recirculated. You might bog between shifts and stumble when you get back on the gas. How much you can tolerate is up to you.
If he would of bought gfb T9002, he wouldn't have so much of that problem. To be honest when I got my valve from gfb, I installed with the settings it came with. No bogging, no check engine, no stumble, not even between shifts, taking into consideration it was 50/50. I took some videos of the car and send them to Brett Turner(valve design engineer for gfb) so he would clarify everything was running the way it should and yes everything was set to go right out of the box. From what I read from other users, these valves pretty much come set from factory. What I did was adjust it to more recirc than vta. The valve in my opinion is the best out there for our cars.
The sound is really great and it performs really good. One of the things I did before buying was consulted with Richtune and Stratified tuners from mazdaspeed forums and they recommend it the gfb T9002 over others. So if anybody wants a review on this valve, I recommend it to anybody. I'm really satisfied with the purchase.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Stratified auto sells guardian angel that will allow you to run VTA but only on push type pistons on a bov, the hks are pull types so that wouldn't work but that's another option as well. Another great thing about it is that it's really a over-boost protection module and I can't wait to get mine whenever it arrives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts