2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought 4/30/2011

First pic at home right after I got home

Pics in the morning before heading over to meet with a friend to take pics.

Photoshoot with a friends G35 that following day

After I finished the break-in period.

1000 Miles!

First curb rash..Had to avoid an idiot that swung out too wide when he turned.

First mod: DDM HID kit 5000K (which failed 2 weeks later)

Second mod: K&N Intake

Heat shield took me the longest to install. Everything else was easy.

3rd Mod: CS LED Kit

Bird poop paint job -50-hp

OEM Cargo Tray (Highly Recommend one if you use the hatch a lot)

5 Months later, my car has been driven 8000 Miles

First Winter!

7 Months of driving = 9999 Miles-10000 Miles

Got rid of the crappy DDM kit and order TRS Morimoto HID Kit

Winter wheels painted graphite metallic.

Last one to leave work.

The loaner they gave me at Mazda haha

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Debadged the 2.5 and Plasti-dipped the rest....and cracked the screen of my Galaxy Nexus in the process..

Cost of mod: $6.00 for Plasti-dip + $4.00 for Painters Blue Tape + $165.00 for Galaxy Nexus screen replacement = $175.00

surprisingly, the outer screen isnt cracked or damaged..the LCD underneath is though.. guessing it's either built strong or the invisible shield I had on it helped haha

Oh yea forgot about this haha thanks Casey for reminding me!

JDM Air Freshners! it's live having turbo....for the air in your car haha

UPDATE 8/18!

Finally installed HID Fogs to match my Lows.

·
dutchabag
292 Posts
Very nice!!!!! congrats........ nice choice for intake,i wish K&N made one for the speed,like the air filter housing,keeps eng. heat away,the bird poop that is good luck:tongue: baptize, for the wheel get a round file and work it slowly to shape;get touch up paint at your local auto parts,i had same issue with mine

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice!!!!! congrats........ nice choice for intake,i wish K&N made one for the speed,like the air filter housing,keeps eng. heat away,the bird poop that is good luck:tongue: baptize, for the wheel get a round file and work it slowly to shape;get touch up paint at your local auto parts,i had same issue with mine
my dealer actually took care of the wheel haha. One of the techs scratched the area around the lug nuts when he was rotating the wheels. They just refinished anything that was wrong with the wheels even if it wasn't their fault.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Wow I need to drive more haha. I've had my car for almost 7 months and I'm only at around 4600 miles. Also... ewww... a Prius!

I'm always one of the last ones to leave work too haha. I'm also always one of the last ones to get to work haha. I love being able to come in when I want haha.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
^Just jealous of the superior black mica ;)

I really like that graphite for the winter wheels. Nice job!

·
USMC
176 Posts
Way problems did you have with the DDM lot? Did you get the optional wiring harness?
I've had DDM HID's on multiple cars and they've all worked flawlessly.
Ride looks good btw! Lot of miles in a short time! I'm just as guilty haha.

·
Registered
641 Posts
what happened to the catback i sold you? :sad 1:

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow I need to drive more haha. I've had my car for almost 7 months and I'm only at around 4600 miles. Also... ewww... a Prius!

I'm always one of the last ones to leave work too haha. I'm also always one of the last ones to get to work haha. I love being able to come in when I want haha.
Yea my dad was like WTFFFFFF where do you drive to with this thing to get that many miles on it already?! haha

It sucks cuz i go in at 9 but leave at 7 haha gotta make that $$ though!

Looks good! So much CWP, its awesome!
True story

^Just jealous of the superior black mica ;)

I really like that graphite for the winter wheels. Nice job!
Thanks, the winter wheels sucked paitning haha it was soo cold i ended up just rushing without sanding or anything haha just primer, then paint then a coat of clear, let it dry a day then put them on....and it didnt snow much afterwards. :(

Way problems did you have with the DDM lot? Did you get the optional wiring harness?
I've had DDM HID's on multiple cars and they've all worked flawlessly.
Ride looks good btw! Lot of miles in a short time! I'm just as guilty haha.
One of the ballast just stopped working completely. I had the harness for it too. The warranty replacement did the same. I got another warranty replacement and its just been sitting since then haha

what happened to the catback i sold you? :sad 1:
It's still on my car haha just never took a pic of it.. I do have a video of it somewhere though haha

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Where'd you get those JDM airfresheners? They arent even listed in the thread but I know you have some haha

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where'd you get those JDM airfresheners? They arent even listed in the thread but I know you have some haha

Stalker much?:yes: jk haha i completely forgot about that mod haha

I ordered it from SquashAir.com I recommend the Neo Squash or the Peach. Both smell awesome. I know the squash sounds weird but it smells amazing. I'm gonna be getting the Peach and Strawberry soon too.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Stalker much?:yes: jk haha i completely forgot about that mod haha

I ordered it from SquashAir.com I recommend the Neo Squash or the Peach. Both smell awesome. I know the squash sounds weird but it smells amazing. I'm gonna be getting the Peach and Strawberry soon too.
A site dedicated to air fresheners... wow there's a site for everything haha...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts