2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dark, rainy, never had a chance...

Totally bummed me out.

Tire and rim seem ok. The suspension did bottom out.

Attachments

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
meh, if that all that happened, you should be fine. you would be surprised what kind of stuff your car can take.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had all 4 tires road force balanced. Wheels are ok. But Tech found one tire with 40 lbs. of road force. Other tires were 8 to 12 lbs. 40 pounder being replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I whacked a few like that a couple of years ago in my MINI. I got out of the car both times expecting to see my suspension in pieces, or at least a busted rim, but it looked OK. About a month after one of those, the garage attendant where I parked pointed out a bubble in my sidewall. I knew exactly where it was from, but I was surprised that it took that long to pop out. Run flats, too -- not cheap.

Anyway, keep an eye on that tire for the next month or so to make sure you didn't do any damage.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Dark, rainy, never had a chance...

Totally bummed me out.

Tire and rim seem ok. The suspension did bottom out.
WHat speed were you going when you hit that? Wow if you hit that with the i 16s, itll be cakewalk. With those 18, you must have felt your tire getting ready to meet it's maker.

·
Registered
671 Posts
It's hard to tell from that picture how deep it is, but I've hit potholes at least that bad at highway speeds without anything but a loud bang. I've got the 16 inch tires with more of a traditional sidewall, which has to help. We're used to potholes around here, unfortunately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts