2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Hit again while parked!!!!

Tags
hit parked
8K views 52 replies 28 participants last post by  rvoll 
#1 ·
Hi all, I been gone for awhile...

So once again while parked my car got hit. This time the bumper took the brunt of it, the headlight is all scratched up, and the fender has chunks of paint missing. The door has even more scratches now.

Its in the shop now, insurance company said its 1800 to fix (500 deductible). Grrrrr

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow dude that sucks, I can't believe how bad some people are at driving. You should look into a dash cam, I have one and when this happened to my old 3, I was able to show my insurance the video and they tracked down the car that hit me.

Dash Cam Talk

I went with the mini 0801, It is always on because I plugged it into the port in the arm rest and while i'm parked, it will record when something triggers it's motion sensors.

#9 ·
I know how it feels, I had my rsx -s destroyed while it was parked on the side of the road.

#10 ·
Very sorry to hear.

My Tacoma was hit in my driveway; it was backed in, and took a major hit on the front end at right angles. It has never been the same since, and will not hold an alignment.

I was in the house on my computer. I heard tires squealing on the residential street, a car hauling up the street, and then a series of crashes right outside the door. A horrible lady in an SUV had hit a parked Avalon, hurled it slightly uphill into my truck, knocking it sideways into the wife's Honda, and then she pinged across the street into a parked car on the other side. Basically, a single driver in a five-car accident. She was still trying to start her wreck and presumably drive away when the neighbors and I rushed out. It wasn't going anywhere but kind of added insult to injury.

The report said the lady said she was applying lotion to her arm, and her sandal had been trapped under a pedal. The final report never mentioned drugs or alcohol. I may be a small person but I do not forgive her.

I don't live there anymore and I still have the Tacoma. I can feel your pain.

#11 ·
I share the pain.. A buddy back into the front end of my car at low speed when I had 900 miles on my hatchback.. Buckled the quarter panel, bent the headlight bracket (which still isn't fixed, they just adjusted the screw to tilt the light level) and put a gaping hole in my bumper. My car sits lower on my left front wheel; not sure if it's from the hit or not though. Where I work I park in a mall parking lot. I park as far away as possible, usually parking by a barrier to eliminate at least one side on which people can park next to me. Im nuts like that. I see co workers getting hit on a monthly basis. People can be stupid, disrespectful and ignorant all at the same time. She'll be good as new when you get it back. Don't stress- what's done is done. I'm just amazed at the cost to repair minor collisions these days.

#14 ·
Dude I know that feels. I was parked 2 1/2 weeks ago in a plaza and when I came back the back the rear passenger door and quarter panel were just a mess. Long gash, dents. Was around $3200 total and had 1000 deductible. I only had 750 miles on it too...worst feeling ever. :no:

#23 ·
i've learned my lesson, there are people who CAN'T drive and do not respect other's property.
I have now installed dashcams on all my cars...and I feel very safe when driving.

I got the dual channel HD dashcam (records front and back)
goes into parking mode when the ignition is turned off, (records only when the car senses impact or motion, there is an option to set the sensitivity)
Also comes with battery discharge protection so that if your battery dips to a certain level, the dashcam will power down so you can still start your car.
It's paid for itself already, caught some guy with a truck hit my other car while parked. I was able to get the information of the vehicle, track down the owner and show him the video proof with visual G-shock readings. He first argued that he never hit me, because the camera didn't really shake, but when you see the g-shock readings below, it was pretty obvious ;) Also caught the dealer (my other car) causing scratches to my car while being serviced. Brought it up to their service manager and what can I say....you can't argue with stupidity, so I took it up with the GM and he took care of the issue right away. (brand new interior door panel and center dash speaker cover)

#24 ·
Look in to clear masks for the front end and rear. I've seen an example of a car that got nudged but the clear mask protected it and there wasnt any paint damage. Wal mart has a decent but inexpensive dash cam too. Someone with a gen 2 on this forum has it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#28 ·
How many pennies?

I love Asian wonder sites that have no price or local availability info as much as the next guy, but it's easier to make a great web page or brochure than it is to sell and support a tech product.

Where did you get yours?

#29 ·
I purchased mine on eBay and you can also purchase it via amazon. However the seller I dealt gave me his own site and has been very good with customer support and the pricing. Also comes with an English manual.
I have (2) the non wifi version is less than $300 and the wifi version is a bit over $300.
I didn't opt for the gps module as I didn't have a need for my location or speed to be logged

#31 ·
That is definitely an affordable alternative.
But my thinking is, if you're gonna get a dashcam to protect your investment, do it right the first time.
Highly recommend getting a dual channel system and do not cut any corners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.