2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I been gone for awhile...

So once again while parked my car got hit. This time the bumper took the brunt of it, the headlight is all scratched up, and the fender has chunks of paint missing. The door has even more scratches now.

Its in the shop now, insurance company said its 1800 to fix (500 deductible). Grrrrr

Attachments

·
Jaffa Cake Addict
385 Posts
Wow dude that sucks, I can't believe how bad some people are at driving. You should look into a dash cam, I have one and when this happened to my old 3, I was able to show my insurance the video and they tracked down the car that hit me.

Dash Cam Talk

I went with the mini 0801, It is always on because I plugged it into the port in the arm rest and while i'm parked, it will record when something triggers it's motion sensors.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it was about a block from where it got hit last. People just suck at parking around here its shockingly bad.

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
First thing we are doing when we pick up the car is dash cams, one front, one rear, gonna have them hardwired.

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Aint that a bitch. I feel your pain, was this a hit & run?

And people these days cant drive for poop...its ridiculous.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I know how it feels, I had my rsx -s destroyed while it was parked on the side of the road.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very sorry to hear.

My Tacoma was hit in my driveway; it was backed in, and took a major hit on the front end at right angles. It has never been the same since, and will not hold an alignment.

I was in the house on my computer. I heard tires squealing on the residential street, a car hauling up the street, and then a series of crashes right outside the door. A horrible lady in an SUV had hit a parked Avalon, hurled it slightly uphill into my truck, knocking it sideways into the wife's Honda, and then she pinged across the street into a parked car on the other side. Basically, a single driver in a five-car accident. She was still trying to start her wreck and presumably drive away when the neighbors and I rushed out. It wasn't going anywhere but kind of added insult to injury.

The report said the lady said she was applying lotion to her arm, and her sandal had been trapped under a pedal. The final report never mentioned drugs or alcohol. I may be a small person but I do not forgive her.

I don't live there anymore and I still have the Tacoma. I can feel your pain.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I share the pain.. A buddy back into the front end of my car at low speed when I had 900 miles on my hatchback.. Buckled the quarter panel, bent the headlight bracket (which still isn't fixed, they just adjusted the screw to tilt the light level) and put a gaping hole in my bumper. My car sits lower on my left front wheel; not sure if it's from the hit or not though. Where I work I park in a mall parking lot. I park as far away as possible, usually parking by a barrier to eliminate at least one side on which people can park next to me. Im nuts like that. I see co workers getting hit on a monthly basis. People can be stupid, disrespectful and ignorant all at the same time. She'll be good as new when you get it back. Don't stress- what's done is done. I'm just amazed at the cost to repair minor collisions these days.

·
Registered
184 Posts
So sorry to hear about this. Stuff like this makes me wish Google cars can't come soon enough, if not 100% self driving, at least part-self driving to make sure incidents like this don't happen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dude I know that feels. I was parked 2 1/2 weeks ago in a plaza and when I came back the back the rear passenger door and quarter panel were just a mess. Long gash, dents. Was around $3200 total and had 1000 deductible. I only had 750 miles on it too...worst feeling ever. :no:

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
Hi all, I been gone for awhile...

So once again while parked my car got hit. This time the bumper took the brunt of it, the headlight is all scratched up, and the fender has chunks of paint missing. The door has even more scratches now.

Its in the shop now, insurance company said its 1800 to fix (500 deductible). Grrrrr
Ouch! Someone hit our car on Valentines Day. They did about $900 worth of damage. I was really angry, but at least the body shop made it look new again.

·
Registered
94 Posts
much sadness to you and others in these kinda situations.

some ppl really need to stick to their abilities and do what they can handle, like handing the money to a bus driver or something like that.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Gen 3 owners are just not getting any luck!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts