2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Mazda 3
I hit a curb the other night. Damage is pretty bad from what I can see.
Driver side: wheel pushed back, fender is buckled and pushed into door, bent control arm, broke the rim. Could possibly be more.
I'm stressing. Insurance says I'm covered.
Anyone experienced this kinda damage from a curb?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Ooof, sorry to hear this. I had similar damage on driver's side front not from a curb, but from a massive pothole. The visible stuff: killed the tire and rim, fender damage, fender liner destroyed. Less visible damage to the suspension: bent (lower) control arm, had to replace the "engine cradle" (subframe), and (most recent) damaged wheel hub bearing assembly (high pitched drone/vibration at speed). Because my car is only 6-7 mos. old and with low miles, the shop used all oem parts. My insurance covered rental car + all repair costs minus deductible; however, my premiums will be going up soon.

My repair shop worked directly with the insurance co's claim handler (i.e. took care of all the paperwork); however, I still had to make sure that the lines of communication were open and that things moved forward in a timely manner by touching base with each side by phone.

If you opt for repairs, make sure you road test the car and don't be shy about returning it to the shop until everything is done to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm right at 35k for a 3yrold car.
What are OME parts.
Sorry! I'm clueless here. I haven't filed a auto claim in 15+ years.

I'm praying my car is not a total loss!

·
Registered
40 Posts
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Usually this means the new part identical to what was installed on the assembly line.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Keep us updated on what happens. If you get a total loss from a curb then I've got a bone to pick with some curbs.....after I throw on my factory wheels and suspension

1 - 6 of 6 Posts