2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lvl 2 Clutch Burner
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a collection of little tricks or features that we have found out wether by accident or research.

There's probably going to be a lot of known information put in here but we all should be able to learn a thing or two. Post anything you can even if you think it's common knowledge.

I'll start,

2010 MZ3 s
ELECTRICAL
P: Dash lights will dim when headlights are turned on
F: Push in the brightness adjusting knob to turn this off

·
Lvl 2 Clutch Burner
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An auxiliary cable can be routed through the hinged side of the cupholder from the armrest for a clean look.
Any clean ideas for a cable that goes from a GPS connected to the center vents to the cigar lighter?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well as I discovered, turning the traction control off dosent keep it off completely, it stays on just partially. And the 6500 rpm redline on the 2010 i Mazda 3 is false, it goes well into 7000rpm.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well as I discovered, turning the traction control off dosent keep it off completely, it stays on just partially. And the 6500 rpm redline on the 2010 i Mazda 3 is false, it goes well into 7000rpm.
I think if you hold down the TCS button for a couple seconds (you'll hear a beep) it does completely disable it until you turn off and turn on the car again

Reactions: Yoctagon

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think if you hold down the TCS button for a couple seconds (you'll hear a beep) it does completely disable it until you turn off and turn on the car again

This.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Follow up. Hey guys so I tried this out, I didn't hear a beep, and I couldn't tell if it was fully off or not, I'll have to wait till it rains to fully test. Any one else have any luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Follow up. Hey guys so I tried this out, I didn't hear a beep, and I couldn't tell if it was fully off or not, I'll have to wait till it rains to fully test. Any one else have any luck.
I read up on this a lot, it depends on the model you have. For the 2010 model, you just push the button and (as it says in the manual), it completely disables traction and stability control (technically traction control is part of the stability control system). On other models you have to hold it to disable, on others I think you have to hold it while turning the car on. Granted I don't go spinning out or sliding around corners, so I can't really confirm any of this info, but that's my understanding.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I tried this as well and did not hear a beep. I just usually press it before I start driving and jut assume that it's off.

I drive a 2012 mz3 sky btw

1 - 15 of 15 Posts