2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and didn’t find an existing thread. So, who has the highest mileage gen4? I’m curious how long these cars last. I am approaching 30k on my 2020 and plan to add at least another 100k.

·
2018 mazda owner
41 Posts
I searched and didn’t find an existing thread. So, who has the highest mileage gen4? I’m curious how long these cars last. I am approaching 30k on my 2020 and plan to add at least another 100k.
My old Mazda lasted almost 400k and when I bought it with 150k miles on it and was running on 3 cylinders instead of 4. If it wouldn't ran on all 4 cylinders I probably would have ran it for 100k miles more. As long as you don't abuse it and maintain the oil changes and tune ups etc. It should last you a really long time cuz Mazdas r great running cars

·
Registered
35 Posts
My old Mazda lasted almost 400k and when I bought it with 150k miles on it and was running on 3 cylinders instead of 4. If it wouldn't ran on all 4 cylinders I probably would have ran it for 100k miles more. As long as you don't abuse it and maintain the oil changes and tune ups etc. It should last you a really long time cuz Mazdas r great running cars
So you drove on 3 cylinders for 250k miles? :eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
have 16 k miles on my '19 m3 sedan. plan to keep to 50k and get the turbo. " lets go brandon" may have banned gas vehicles by then- a problem. have run a couple cars to 200k miles. loved my "88 mazda 626 turbo sedan which had few problems to 200k miles.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have almost 32k on mine. It’s a 2019 AWD hatchback premium. Still drives like new. Only complaint is the rattling coming from the driver’s side front window on windy days, and a rattling noise coming from the B-Pillar around the seatbelt assembly area. But I’ve pretty much had this since day one. Front end of my car has tons of rock chips which is awesome…..I will say the fuel economy on my car seems to be getting better with time and miles, and the car seems peppier, too. Before, I could barely get 33-34 mpg on the highway driving at 70-75mph. I’ve managed to get 36-37 pretty consistently on the same roads at the same speeds.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have almost 32k on mine. It’s a 2019 AWD hatchback premium. Still drives like new. Only complaint is the rattling coming from the driver’s side front window on windy days, and a rattling noise coming from the B-Pillar around the seatbelt assembly area. But I’ve pretty much had this since day one. Front end of my car has tons of rock chips which is awesome…..I will say the fuel economy on my car seems to be getting better with time and miles, and the car seems peppier, too. Before, I could barely get 33-34 mpg on the highway driving at 70-75mph. I’ve managed to get 36-37 pretty consistently on the same roads at the same speeds.
Is yours the 2.5L engine? if so that's pretty good economy, it's a shame you don't get the 2.0L e skyactiv x engine in the states now that is an economical car I get nearly 60mpg (UK gallons) on a motorway run and am currently averaging over 50mpg in all round driving that would be about 44mpg US not sure with how cheap petrol (gas) is in the US it really matters as much how economical it is, here in the UK petrol is about $9 a gallon!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is yours the 2.5L engine? if so that's pretty good economy, it's a shame you don't get the 2.0L e skyactiv x engine in the states now that is an economical car I get nearly 60mpg (UK gallons) on a motorway run and am currently averaging over 50mpg in all round driving that would be about 44mpg US not sure with how cheap petrol (gas) is in the US it really matters as much how economical it is, here in the UK petrol is about $9 a gallon!!
Up to 60mpg, and averaging 44mpg is amazing!

Yes, mine is the 2.5L engine. Wish I could get that kind of fuel economy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Up to 60mpg, and averaging 44mpg is amazing!

Yes, mine is the 2.5L engine. Wish I could get that kind of fuel economy.
With what you pay for gas in the US I imagine unless you have to commute a long way each day it's not a problem, I expect that's why you don't have the e skyactiv x 2.0L engine there as the extra cost of it wouldn't make financial sense but here where petrol seems to rise in price every other day having a car as economical as mine is great, I know it sounds unbelievable that a 2.0L petrol engine can do near 60mpg and average 50mpg it really can, I was a bit sceptical of the claims but they were telling the truth for once, normally what manufacturers say their cars will do and what you and I get are worlds apart but not in the case of this car. and that 44mpg is what you would average in the US, our gallons are a bit bigger here so that's why I quote my average after 2000 (3200kms) miles at just over 50mpg.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Care to elaborate, do you mean the engine or interior or both? What model have you got ?
So far, I have rattles in the following locations:
1. center dash (2 locations);
2. LF door, RF door;
3. Steering column;
4. LF suspension;
5. RR suspension;
6. Sunroof (occasional).

The powertrain has been pretty good cuz it has been out for so many years. It's mainly the interior and suspension components that don't hold up.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback AWD 2.5G
281 Posts
2. LF door, RF door;
3. Steering column;
4. LF suspension;
5. RR suspension;
6. Sunroof (occasional).

The powertrain has been pretty good cuz it has been out for so many years. It's mainly the interior and suspension components that don't hold up.
Ah interesting, how did you manage to do 110k so quickly? Mostly highway? Frequent rough roads? Any unusual or expensive service items? Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
2. LF door, RF door;
3. Steering column;
4. LF suspension;
5. RR suspension;
6. Sunroof (occasional).

Where was the car made? I ask because Japanese built cars which mine is are supposed to be better put together I have had two Japanese built Mazda 3s a 2015 and my current 2021 neither of which have or had any rattles or squeak's at all.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda3 Sport GT Polymetal over Garnet
11 Posts
The 2.5L Skyactiv G has been on the market for a long time now. 4th gen should have the same durability as anything else that has used it starting with the 2013 Mazda6 and CX5, then 2014 Mazda3.

Reactions: ukcats

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback AWD 2.5G
281 Posts
The 2.5L Skyactiv G has been on the market for a long time now. 4th gen should have the same durability as anything else that has used it starting with the 2013 Mazda6 and CX5, then 2014 Mazda3.
It's mostly the same but some models of the 2.5L G have cylinder deactivation which may cause problems for some down the line. There are many many threads about people complaining about it here. Personally I have not had any issues with mine other than recalls and while it may not be perfectly seemless it's not bad in any way and I don't expect any problems on my car from it. That said I'm sure plenty here will disagree with me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts