2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Mazda owners,

I just joined your wonderful Mazda community!

I drive a 2010 Mazda 3 Sport 2.5L Hatchback (hatchback is considered Sport here in Canada) 6-speed manual in Crystal White Pearl (34k).

I bought the car last year and have been loving every single minute of driving it since! :laugh2:

The only mod I've done to my car so far is switching my low beams to Xenon 8000k HIDs. Also bought a Mazdaspeed-style spoiler on ebay a few weeks ago but haven't installed it yet since I have to get it sanded and painted. And just recently I bought a Injen SP Series Cold Air Intake (SP6064BLK) which should arrive in the next couple days. Can't wait to get it installed but I'm actually kinda worried now since most 2010-2013 Mazda 3 owners who modded their intake went for a Short Ram instead of a Cold Air because the filter on the CAI sits too low and can potentially hydrolock the engine when raining. That's actually why I'm here haha, to find out from other Mazda owners who installed a CAI if they have experienced any issues..:surprise:

Anyways, looking forward to getting to know you all

vanso514

·
Working Class Hero
3,652 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Honestly, you would need to submerge the filter to suck enough water to do any harm. Hydroshields do wonders, as well. The only time I felt any effect from water was when I was running a MazdaSpeed CAI on my 06 V6 which used the stock according and put the maf way down by the fender well. The maf got wet and it ran a little goofy for a bit until it dried off. Changing to a Fujita intake that put the maf further upstream ended that problem..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts