2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I'm from Massachusetts and as the title says I'm in search of my very first mazda. I've settled upon either an 10-11 Mazda 3, 2.5. I've been searching autotrader and my nearest dealers for the right car at the right price. I haven't checked out all the forums yet, but is there a specific forum section here for asking about whether a certain car at this price is good or not or should I ask for less. Thanks everyone hopefully I'll be here much more often.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys I'd like your thoughts here, I'm eyeing one possible car for myself and Eric3 supplied me with a Carfax for the vehicle, but I'm questioning a few things here.

http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailReport.do?a=mbLVxDB5QIFtVR2n9zimg7rKXQ4nEzBs14NYVUCsSxrcU3xPPmzKZw==&language=en

1st there are no service records for this vehicle until about 22900 and being a corporate vehicle you would think that a company would take care of it's vehicles. I've seem quite a few Carfax reports from searching for my Mazda that reports usually have an oil change, tire rotation record every 4-8k miles, this one does not.

2nd. That only service record shows that the throttle position sensor was replaced. Why on such a new car. Owners dumped it so quickly after fixing it. Perhaps it may not have been the tps alone that needed replacing.

3rd. It's serviced at champion Mazda and the following day is on the dealer inventory to be sold, but currently on autotrader champion is not the selling dealer. Another Mazda dealer about 45 min away has it on there lot/website. I don't think these two dealers are connected in any way.

Your thoughts. I've got some time before I commit to buying a mz3, but I do want it by the end of the summer. Thank you everyone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
when I think of a corporate vehicle, I think of a car I can beat the sh!t out of. lol

you never know what you get with a corporate/rental car. people can really drive it rough cause it isn't their car. so, who cares if you drive it harder than your own car. that type of thinking.

is there any way you could take the car to a mechanic you trust? if so, do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm currently trying to locate a mechanic neighbor that used to live next door to us, he used to work on my fathers and wifes car on the side. He moved a town over and his cell # has changed, but I have the old address he moved to. I'm hoping he will accompany me when I decide to go in and test drive it. I understand the concern over rental or leases. My wifes car was a rental or previous lease, I don't remember too clearly, but it's been super reliable these past 5yrs (knocks on wood)..but it did have low mileage like the cars I'm looking at. Carfax does help when it shows regular maintenance so this time around I am concerned with that aspect. Thanks everyone I may let this car pass and keep searching.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts