2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Just picked up a mazda3s the other day.
Car is pretty solid, but I do have a question. When taking off from a stop the car has a lot of stuttering or hesitation. Is that a common issue? Feels like it could be a motor mount. I briefly looked and the passenger side mount looks solid and has no signs of tears. I can't see the bottom mount without taking it out, but are these signs of a worn mount? Or could it be something else?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum Gamble! Post some pics of your car and what year and model do you have? What are your plans and if you have any questions feel free to post here!

Depending on year I have a 2010 and I beat the crap out of it and Im at 70k and the PMM just went out with a small leak.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a manual 5spd. Supposed to have the factory clutch on it still and 142k miles.
I will get some pics tomorrow.
It has an intake on it, currently in short ram setup but I do have the pipe to extend it to a cold air.
I cleaned out the maf today and did a throttle body ground.

Plans on exhaust and not sure what else. I ordered a balance shaft eliminator kit already.

I make catch cans on the side for a lot of my friends so I amy make one for this car as well. Check out my site gamble-racing.com to see some of what I have done, although I haven't updated it in a long time.

Edit: it's a 2004.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Ah well that is possible for some of your mounts to go out with mileage like that lol

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing those pics of your car and your future mods/ projects....

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Sounds like you know your stuff, so welcome to the forum!

Get some pics up!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I know a little. I had a mazdaspeed protege years ago and a 2g dsm which I built and it made 452 on a mustang dyno. I have been around for a few years.
Still unsure about keeping it or flipping it. We will see. I need to get some touch up paint to match the color and poure15 the bottom of the doors and repaint it.

3rd grinds at high rpm, so I am going to do a fluid change and see what happens, also it doesn't like to slid into gear easily at high rpm in 2nd.
Here is a teaser.

What trans fluid does everyone recommend?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered a stock mount from autozone for $50 which will be here tonight and going to change out the trans fluid for some MT90 tonight as well. Will report back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Booo my friend forgot to bring home the MT90 from work so I didn't do that. Took out the rear mount and bought a replacement, guess what? I put the old mount back in because it's stiffer than the new one from autozone.
Took out the passenger mount and it's all jacked up so I ordered a replacement from rockauto.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I'm glad you found the broken mount. I'm pretty sure that's part of the cause. Redline is a great fluid, that's what I run in my vehicles. Welcome to the forum! Hopefully this will take care of everything!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Redline help with any grinds at all? 3rd grinds in high rpm but not sure if it's fluid or syncro related, figured I'll try the inexpensive way first since redline is $45 for 3 bottles.

Also has anyone done a diy or how to on taking off the window molding to fix the rust behind there?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New passenger motor mount showed up. Installed and vibration is still there, it's either the mount on the passenger side or the clutch. Oh boy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts