2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda 3 2014 BM5238 SP25
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
Just bought a Second hand Mazda3 2013 BM SP25 and saw this excellent forum.
Since my car was build in dec 2013 and first registration was 03/2014 does that make it a 2014 version?

Cheers
Gizmoh.tech

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I suggest you google the 2013 and 2014 Mazda3 and see which one matches your car. I don’t know the cutoff dates (although I am sure others do). Mazda often has very late cutoffs.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The really important change around that time in Australia was the centre screen loaded with IT. There's a step change in price for this feature.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Personally I believe the date the car was first registered is irrelevant. There must be some site that can give you the model from the VIN number.

·
Registered
G25 GT Vision / Hatch / Polymetal Grey / Auto
26 Posts
Personally I believe the date the car was first registered is irrelevant.
You're right... it is. But that's not the reason I suggested looking at rego papers.

I'm looking at my rego papers right now. They list the year, make, model, variant, and a bunch more information.

It could be that other states aren't as informational as the papers are here in NSW, but I find that hard to believe.

·
Registered
G25 GT Vision / Hatch / Polymetal Grey / Auto
26 Posts
And again, I repeat my suggestion that Redbook will show you all the variations within a calendar year, if appropriate.

Just look up your car there; have an idea when it was built (information that should be on the car itself), and cross check.

For example, Redbook shows MY19 MX-5s were still being built in November 2019; even at that late stage they weren't regarding them as MY20s.

This sort of stuff can vary by manufacturer. And definitely country to country. In the US, for example, you always buy next years model way early.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts