2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I have a 2014 mazda 3 gt 2.5 sedan that has a bricked CMU with the part number BHP1 66 9C0C. Do you guys know if a BHP1 66 9C0A can be used to replace it.
Do I run the risk of damaging any of the equipment connected to it, if I tried it out.

Thank you guys very much, for any help you might be able to provide.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi.
I have a 2014 mazda 3 gt 2.5 sedan that has a bricked CMU with the part number BHP1 66 9C0C. Do you guys know if a BHP1 66 9C0A can be used to replace it.
Do I run the risk of damaging any of the equipment connected to it, if I tried it out.

Thank you guys very much, for any help you might be able to provide.
Yes you can use it, CMU's pretty much all the same small variations in size and the way are mounted, but electrically connected and inside electronics Gen_65 are all alike.
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/mazda-receiver-grt7669c0l see replacements at the bottom.
Check Ebay:ebay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks. Do you know if I have to update any software?
And what the last letter in the part number stands for. Is it the region, or a revision indicator?

Again, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
And what the last letter in the part number stands for. Is it the region, or a revision indicator?

The CMU should work without a firmware update. But if you want to update it, you can ask your dealer or have a look in this thread to update it to the latest firmware 70.00.100 by yourself. But stick to the work to the latest manual at the server.

The higher the last letter, the newer/younger/less faulty the CMU.

·
Registered
49 Posts

I think you missed my point, the number GRT7-66-9C0L supersedes all those BHP1 part numbers, so the link I'd put to the Ebay CMU is much newer than yours, look at the picture, I circled day of manufacture and the preinstalled software revision 59.00.100, no need to update if you don't want.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everyone I picked up a BHP1 66 9C0A that already has the firmware update. It's late tonight so will install it tomorrow. I'm so excited to get it working again.
Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi again, Its been a very busy week, so I finally got the, new to me, CMU installed this evening, and everything is working perfectly now.
I did however notice that I had to restart the car a few times before all the controls sinc'd up to the new CMU, is that normal? or am I looking at another potential issue down the road, that I should be aware of?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.