2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I joined today because I'm having some problems with my 2005 3, but I'll get to that in an appropriate thread (bare with me, I'm new obviously lol).
I've done a few "mods" on the 3 that I'm mildly proud of, the main one being a cluster LED swap (attached below) which I think turned out pretty well. I've also had a lightweight flywheel installed which I'm a pretty big fan of!
If you're curious about me: I'm working as a web "developer" (low level, more like editing tbh) and a videographer working in the Adobe Suite which I've been enjoying quite a bit for the last year. I do a little bit of PC gaming when I have free time, sorry console bois :(, but seem to be spending most of that time just wrenching on the 3 nowadays. I've been living in Southern Utah for most of my life but I'm getting ready to move down to Southern California in 7ish months to support the Fiance through Grad school (she's driving a 2019 cx-5 if anyone has questions about it).
I'm stoked to get to know you guys! Don't be afraid to reach out if you have any questions or if you just want to say hi, I like to think I'm pretty friendly lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! What are you getting for gas mileage?
Had an empty tank so I filled it up today just for you lol. I'm getting pretty consistently 22-25mpg depending on how much fun I'm having. Kind of surprised it doesn't go up at all when I get on the freeway tho..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, good to know. A 6th gear would come in handy.
My brother actually has an 08 speed6 with the 6 speed, but I hear it has a third shaft (?) so they're heavier and a little bigger. Since 80mph on the freeway isn't even speeding in Utah, I'm definitely jealous.
Do you have any project plan for the new car yet? I can definitely recommend a cluster LED swap if you can solder!

·
Registered
21 Posts
My brother actually has an 08 speed6 with the 6 speed, but I hear it has a third shaft (?) so they're heavier and a little bigger. Since 80mph on the freeway isn't even speeding in Utah, I'm definitely jealous.
Do you have any project plan for the new car yet? I can definitely recommend a cluster LED swap if you can solder!
The car IS a project, haha. The rear wheel wells and rockers look like this:

So there's lots of filler and paint work in my future! But that LED swap looks pretty sick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts