2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I hate to sound paranoid, but I just bought a 2010 mazda3 sGT middle of March, and have been noticing something. I did a search on the forum, but couldn't find anything relating to it.

My car seems to be really hesitant at slower speeds. I have to do a lot of stop and go driving in the morning, and anytime I'm going under 40 or so, my car seems to be real jerky. I don't know if this is normal and that the shifts between gears are hard, or if there may be a problem.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is it just that the car wants to zoom-zoom and doesn't like to go slow?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Can you give a little more info? Is it an automatic or standard? If it's a standard, are you bogging down the engine by going too slow in too high of a gear? Or maybe shifting really hard? Those are the first things that come to my mind when you're talking about jerkiness/hesitant at slow speeds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I should have been a little more descriptive.

It's an automatic 2.5L.
I rarely drive it in manual mode.

It mainly hesitates whenever I have to keep it below 2k rpm's. Almost like it is constantly downshifting, then realizing it needs to go back up.

·
Registered
655 Posts
it's a computer thing.

If you goose it it wont feel like it's got much power but if you put it 3/4 of the way down it will kick you in the ass.

Reactions: wickysupafly

·
KingOf3rdInput
70 Posts
Hey guys, I hate to sound paranoid, but I just bought a 2010 mazda3 sGT middle of March, and have been noticing something. I did a search on the forum, but couldn't find anything relating to it.

My car seems to be really hesitant at slower speeds. I have to do a lot of stop and go driving in the morning, and anytime I'm going under 40 or so, my car seems to be real jerky. I don't know if this is normal and that the shifts between gears are hard, or if there may be a problem.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is it just that the car wants to zoom-zoom and doesn't like to go slow?
I thought the same thing at first. I think I just got used to it or learned the feel of the engine better. Needless to say I don't notice it after about 2 months of driving it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, I agree. It's just getting used to the car. It does have a jerkiness about it when you first start to learn the nuances. After a while you get a feel for what RPM's and cruising speeds are best suited for the car. Nothing like getting to know a new car.

·
Registered
732 Posts
haha :tongue:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts