2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Angelos The scores pleas!
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

First official post as I picked her up today. Firstly I named her Ruby cos that’s what we do, name cars and sh!t... I picked the car up from south Devon and that all there is to say, it drove well, pulled well but there are already tiny things I wish to improve upon.

The rundown-
2014 2.2d Sport
Collected at just a smidge over 30k miles
Standard as you’d like, zero mods..

Here’s the plan!
Chassis, Wheels, performance, looks and stuff. No order but you know, it’s almost a plan.

Currently have random tools being delivered all over the place along with some H&Rs from Germany (cheap!) and some LEDs... I have an idea of what’s next in the form of some Konig Hypergrams on T1Rs but other than that it’s whatever.

It’s boring I know. Thanks for looking though!

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apologies to double post (in fact I don’t care, it’s my thread!) but that took way too long to figure out how to embed the picture, ended up having to fire up my old photobucket account. Regardless, it’s now there, yay.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I’m slowly gathering bits and bobs now. I’ll try and make this thread quite in depth, for myself more than anything. I’m Still waiting on the H&Rs to arrive from Germany, I received an email earlier this morning stating they are dispatched.

I’ve ordered a few tools and some minor bits to tide me over as I’ve got the modding itch. So I ordered these which have all arrived today -

5 and 6k LEDs for inside and out (more to arrive once I’ve assessed if they’re necessary, I’m not just going to start buying willy nilly)

1/2” Torque wrench for some later jobs (I wanted a bigger one, not pictured)

Interior Panel removal tools

A small assortment of Ratchet Spanners because I wanted some.

From here I’ll spend some time this weekend doing minor cosmetic changes. More than likely it’ll just be LEDs, check all fluid levels, perhaps look at some clean number plates to order and some low profile window wipers culminating in a quick tidy up. I can’t do too much whilst I’m away at work.

In a few weeks I’ll have the Springs installed. I’ve priced up my next major purchase being the Hypergrams so they’ll be purchased with the following-

- Racing Bronze, 17x8 et45 (groundbreaking. Not.)
- Toyo Proxes T1Rs 225/45/17 although I’d like to run a slightly wider tyre like 235 but I’m not so good with the figment shiyat, plus I’m lazy, so if anyone would like to tell me if 235s would fit that would be just magical!
- cheap, simple low profile nuts, I hate all the swag as fuk multi colour spikes.

Following that I’m looking at the next mods after that to be a collective-
Hardrace RSB
Hardrace links
Hardrace Camber arms.

I won’t lie, this car won’t be groundbreaking, as it’s a 2.2 diesel ffs. I just want it to be slightly more styled to my tastes, to handle a bit better and perhaps have more grunt in the form of the necessary breathing mods and a decent remap.

Thanks for reading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts