2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Not ur average sexy girl.
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i got a set of speakers finally and I want to know which harness to use to avoid cutting into factory wiring. I hate that. I have the non bose 2011 3 i so it's kinda base model lol. Any help would be appreciated. Also I got the first two speakers. What do u say front or back doors first? Thank uuuuuu

Emily.

·
cro-magnon man
510 Posts
i havent been in the stereo system yet but judging from the other connectors i have seen on the 3 they are easy to take a part and tie your wiring into. sorry most likely not making sense. too hard to explain with out showing

·
2012 Mazda 3i Sport owner
245 Posts
As far as i've seen nobody sells harnesses for the 2011+ around 2010.5 they changed from a ford connector to something else. You can try getting pin connectors that would fit (similar to the ones found on PC motherboard used to connect front panel stuff) but otherwise you are either splicing in or cutting off to change the speakers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It uses a 2.8mm terminal system. I'm not sure if the terminals will fit into a Ford connector from previous model years, but I'm not sure if there is anything aftermarket these will fit in. I ended up using some connectors I had lying around and they plugged right in.

·
2012 Mazda 3i Sport owner
245 Posts
It uses a 2.8mm terminal system. I'm not sure if the terminals will fit into a Ford connector from previous model years, but I'm not sure if there is anything aftermarket these will fit in. I ended up using some connectors I had lying around and they plugged right in.
What connectors? Can you point me to an electronics site or something that has them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts