2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I don't own a Mazda 3(yet) but my girlfriend does. I'm wanting to surprise her for her birthday by installing a sub into her car. Now I'm not new at this nor am I very experienced with installs but I have a hard time asking people from visions for advice because I'm just a dollar sign to them. Is there anything special that I will need for the amp or wiring kit for the stock deck? If so what am I looking for?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I hope you're not over sensitive, because if you are, disregard what I'm about to say; Number one, NEVER modify someone's $20,000+ machine without their approval first. It's sweet that you want to surprise her, and she very well might have said a million times that she wants a sub, but until you get the go ahead from her, don't do it. Secondly, if you need ask whether or not you need a special adapter or wiring kit to add an amplifier to a stock deck, stop right there - and do not go anywhere near the electrical system of anyone's car. If you're in the South FL area, I'll be glad to walk you through an install on this car, of course time is money but I'm not going to charge you what a shop would charge. My advice is find a competent engineer or technician that will mentor you through the install, if you call a shop and know what to say, they might be willing to donate some time and materials to teach you how to do this. If you call or go in with an attitude like you know everything, they're just going to want to charge you and not help you... I've done both, and believe me, everyone wins when you drop the ego and let them teach you. Then when you gain experience you can do things your way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts