2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first time poster here -- I am going nutty trying to deal with my rear wiper blade - I cannot seem to get the correct replacement for it. Even ordering on Bosch's website, the recommended replacement doesn't really fit (opening too large), although it will go on. But if I lift the wiper arm, the blade will just fall off, doesn't snap in place nicely like the oh-so-easy-to-replace front wiper blades do. And going through the car wash, it is guaranteed to come off, and someone has to go back and retrieve it. It's a brand new arm -- could the fastener at the end of the arm possibly be broken? Something is just off about it all. I am stumped, hope someone can help. 2008 Mazda 3 GT hatchback.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have had bad luck finding wiper blades that fit. My solution was to keep the original blade, and replace the rubber only from another blade. It doesn't even cost anything if you cut down a used front blade rubber. I replace those in pairs and usually one of them is good enough for the rear.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got the Bosch Icon replacement for the rear wiper. I did however have to do a tiny bit of sanding on the clip for it to lay flat. The spring action keeps it in fine and even without the nub portion of the clip it isn't going anywhere.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,624 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts