2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I bought my 2010 MS3 used with a whopping 1000 miles on it and have been loving every second of it. However, Im just now trying to use the BT features with my phone and I am running into a few problems.

1. When I push the hands free button or the pick up button on the steering wheel in order to use voice commands it tells me that it has been locked and that I need to input a security code. This is not the same pin as the one to pair the phone or the car, its one to access the hands free features once the phone and car have been paired. Is there a way to do a hard reset on the head unit to reset the code or completely remove it?

2. Once I pair my phone, I see both the phone icon and the music icon on the head unit screen. This indicates that my phone can be used a both the phone and a music device via BT. My phone does support both BT profiles for stereo BT and the stereo BT with remote control meaning I can control the music via the head unit. but when i try to listen to music via the phone, I cant hear anything. I even went into the options of the head unit and changed the BT link to show the music icon first and the phone second. But still nothing. Any ideas?

Thank in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure why you're having difficulty with the BT audio out, but I can help you reset the pin.

Follow these steps:
1. Turn key to ACC or ON
2. Press the Preset 2 Button and AUTO-M Button at the same time
3. Keep holding, you should hear a beep and the display should say PASSWD CLEAR or Cleared

For the audio, press the AUX Button until the display says BT Audio. Then play music on your phone. What phone are you using?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure why you're having difficulty with the BT audio out, but I can help you reset the pin.

Follow these steps:
1. Turn key to ACC or ON
2. Press the Preset 2 Button and AUTO-M Button at the same time
3. Keep holding, you should hear a beep and the display should say PASSWD CLEAR or Cleared

For the audio, press the AUX Button until the display says BT Audio. Then play music on your phone. What phone are you using?
It really works?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts