2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Help with Component Speaker Install

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  CerealKiller 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 Hatch that was the non-bose system with just the 4 door speakers so there isn't a tweeter in the dash or wires running to it, just the plastic plate. I bought a set of component speakers to get better sound staging but I have run into a bit of a difficulty. Has anyone found a good way to run wire from inside the cabin into the door to wire the tweeter into the crossover? Also where did you mount the crossover?

#3 ·
My crossovers are mounted under right side of dash, just to the right of glove compartment.

#4 ·
The simple route is coax door speakers to get the missing highs that the factory speakers lack.

Higher efficiency speakers will provide more sound with the under-powered head unit. Hertz are high efficiency and excellent quality. Careful when reviewing specs, for 1 watt at 1 meter is FAR different than 2.83 volt ratings for car speakers below 8 ohm. 2.83v overstates efficiency.

When comparing systems with components vs coax, many times the coax will sound better for the crossover frequencies are more coincident resulting in less sound cancellation and drop offs.

#5 ·
I have an AudioControl LC8 compressor that routes everything out and an Alpine PDR-V75 amp with 4 100 watt outs for the component speakers and tweeters.

350 watt line out for the sub, but I haven't installed that yet. It's not really needed with 4 6.5" Focals going. Someday maybe..
CK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.