2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! This is my first post on here, so please excuse me if i mess anything up. I have been reading and lurking in the forums during this project for the past 2 weeks. Its a great trove of info. I have finally hit a wall and had to make an account to post. So here is the just of it.... I just purchased a 2004 Mazda 3 that looked ok and ran alright. It has 155k miles bought picked it up cheap enough that i thought i could drive it a few years and hit 200k and toss it. Well... First came the brakes. Immediately. got rear calipers and pads. Goodyear forgot to tighten bolts and caliper fell off within 20 miles on the highway. They put the pin back in and called it good. It fried the rotor. So had to go back a 3rd time to ask they fix the damage done and replace that rotor, and I paid for the other rotor to be done. That was a month ago.

I recently took on the D.I.Y. task of rear coils and springs, as well as all the mounts. The mounts are all done. Easy. The rear end.... well.... We got one side rear control arm off relatively easy. As easy as a rust covered bolt can be. Mind you the sway bar is already off (sawing was involved....). The other side however the control arm bolt was tightened in the bushing. It pulled it out as the bolt was coming out and widened the gap in the Trailing arm the the control arm bolts into. So my question is.... Can I at all bend that area back into shape? Or is that a terrible idea and i should cough up the $200 on rock auto and get a left rear trailing arm and be safe. If the 2nd answer is it does anyone know links to good diagrams or tutorials on replacing a trailing arm? If i can hammer it out or reshape it what is the best route there. I will post pics soon. Thanks in advance! Help me Mazda 3 Forums, you're my only hope!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts