2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had some tweaks installed on my CMU (version 56.00.513C-ADR). I used AIO 1.50.

All was fine, and working well.

Then I decided I had better uninstall prior to my service because I asked them to check on a sound issue. I tried uninstalling using AIO 1.50 first, then that didn't seem to work, so I tried using 2.0.

As a result, I now can't use USB (it doesn't even charge), the NAV doesn't work (though that might be a separate issue - do I just delete the speedcam folder to restore it to normal?) and some of the functionality is limited (I can't get into the diagnostic menus).

I can SSH in however. Great sucess :grin2:

What do I need to do to replace the files that have been changed as a result of my butchering of the system and restore the CMU to stock so I can starts from scratch?

I have a JCI backup (and copy of the USB) that I used to install the tweaks initially if that's of any use.

A million gold stars for whoever can help me!

·
Registered
40 Posts
*bump*

Anyone able to help?
I was able to "activate" the USB's using the following commands (in ssh/terminal) logged in as sudo:

mount -o rw,remount /
cp -a /jci/lib/libmc_user.so.org /jci/lib/libmc_user.so
reboot

After that try to uninstall the tweak. That might do the trick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there a reason to reset the cmu back to factory before an appointment? I have one next week and don't know if I should uninstall my tweaks or not.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is there a reason to reset the cmu back to factory before an appointment? I have one next week and don't know if I should uninstall my tweaks or not.
Maybe. The biggest reason would be if you are under warranty. If the dealership noted you had messed with your CMU, they could void part of your warranty. They might not notice though if the tweaks are "under the hood." If you had tweaks that changed the UI or disabled certain features like the disclaimer, then they might notice.

If you are not running the latest firmware the dealership will (usually) update your firmware (unless you tell them not to). Some people have reportedly bricked their CMU when updating the firmware with tweaks installed. Because of these reports, the general recommendation from the community has been to uninstall everything if you are concerned about bricking your CMU. I personally don't think most tweaks can actually result in a bricked CMU when updating the firmware. With the exception for any tweaks that touch the data or data_persist folders such as Android Auto. I have updated my firmware 3 times in the last 3 years without issue and each time I did not uninstall my tweaks.

However, if the dealership bricks your CMU they would probably replace it free of charge, regardless of warranty status. That being said, I doubt they would have a replacement CMU on hand so you would have to wait a few days or weeks for a replacement.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was able to "activate" the USB's using the following commands (in ssh/terminal) logged in as sudo:

mount -o rw,remount /
cp -a /jci/lib/libmc_user.so.org /jci/lib/libmc_user.so
reboot

After that try to uninstall the tweak. That might do the trick.
You should start here if you had the media order/flac tweak installed. There have been reports of that tweak causing issues with the USB functionality. If that doesn't work, do you know what tweaks you have installed? If so, list them.

There is a nuclear option to reset the system in a recovery mode (forces a firmware update) but I recommend trying to get USB functionality working first and then just redo the firmware normally.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran the remount command and now I have USB functionality.

What's the best way forward now? I honestly couldn't tell you what is currently installed. What's the safest way to try and uninstall to a state where I can then start installing tweaks again?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ran the remount command and now I have USB functionality.

What's the best way forward now? I honestly couldn't tell you what is currently installed. What's the safest way to try and uninstall to a state where I can then start installing tweaks again?

To be honnest, I always reinstall the update to erase my tweaks. I don't know if it is the best way, but it seems to clear everything.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ughhh, this is why I'm afraid to install any tweaks/ mess with the firmware... Have to decide if the benefits are worth the risks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, so I fixed it. Thanks all for your help!

To recap, I had tried remove to the tweaks I had installed prior to a service. For some reason, the uninstall didn't work properly. I tried using AIO 1.50 to uninstall, then 2.0 when 1.50 didn't work. Then I took it to Mazda and they must have tried to do stuff to it, because after then it was cactus. The USB ports didn't work and the system was a mess of half-installed themes and tweaks.

In case it helps anyone else with similar issues, this is what I did to fix it:

1. I ran the USB remount command (on page 1 of this thread) over SSH to restore USB functionality (I used terminal on Mac OS with the "su" command before typing the rest of it). This restored USB functionality.
2. Used AIO 1.50 to uninstall everything - it took a couple of goes to get it to work.
3. After this, I had to use AIO 2.0 to uninstall the theme because it didn't disappear; I think I installed a theme using 2.0.
4. Re-installed the firmware using the files in the Firmware thread and the Mazda PDF instructions.

And now I have a fresh firmware!

Now to try some tweaks again. At least I know now how to get rid of everything prior to taking it into Mazda for a service.

And for those asking above, I tried to uninstall the firmware prior to the service because I was having an audio issue where the sound would sometimes only come out of one speaker for a few seconds. Mazda told me that it sometimes happens when the navigation audio is muted but some glitch still lowers the sound on one speaker. But they couldn't diagnose it properly with the tweaks installed, so hopefully they can next time I take it in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I have to go to dealer due to LED headlight problem.
I am using MZD AIO 2.5.0 but i can't remove "date from status bar"". All other tweaks removed successfully.
Pls give a hint how to do it.
Tks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi,
I have to go to dealer due to LED headlight problem.
I am using MZD AIO 2.5.0 but i can't remove "date from status bar"". All other tweaks removed successfully.
Pls give a hint how to do it.
Tks.
Did you install it using 2.5.0 or 1.5.0?

I would just try to uninstall a few times, and if it doesn't work, maybe try the 1.5.0 uninstaller.

And failing that, you can restore to factory by re-installing your firmware using the instructions and firmware files here: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...a-mzd-connect-firmware-downloads-updated.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you install it using 2.5.0 or 1.5.0?

I would just try to uninstall a few times, and if it doesn't work, maybe try the 1.5.0 uninstaller.
Tnks for msg.
i will try one more time and better to strart reading very carefully the link which you give me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello sir, I am sorry to bother you but need your help. I have limited computer knowledge but still tried to do the serial access I followed all instructions and managed to install AA and tweaks. I accidentally deleted the autorun and later tried to uninstall all tweaks. It seemed like it was done uninstalling so ran a reboot (mute + NAV) now CMU does load but after disclaimer all coins are grey and screen is frozen. when I connect my phone to the car it loads AA and it works. I am trying to reset to factory setting and don't know how. I would very much appreciate a reply.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts