2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
One 3, one 7, one fun!
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fortunate Mazdaspeed owners.
I have HB 2.5. On "our cars" there is no coolant temperature gauge. I believe you do have one.
Since this feature (lack of thereof, I should say) is really bothering me, I wanted to ask you where is the coolant gauge in the Speed 3 and also if you would be so kind to take a picture to show me.
I am trying to figure out if it would be possible to put that one in the car.
Thank you for the help

·
Registered
227 Posts
There isn't one.

·
One 3, one 7, one fun!
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
???

I could have sworn I read it somewhere....
Could it be around the Multi Function Display? Could the said display perhaps be set to show that?
I'll dig some more...
Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I assure you there isn't. You can read the 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 owners manual to confirm. Page 5-45:

When the ignition is switched ON, the
light illuminates momentarily and then
turns off.
The light flashes when the engine coolant
temperature is extremely high, and
illuminates when the engine coolant
temperature increases further.

Reactions: gio64

·
One 3, one 7, one fun!
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright. Now I am even more pissed.

You see, I thought, if you sell this car to the average user, chances are, they won't look at the gauge. Not that it is a good thing or habit, but let's face it, I bet you any money that the only reason why my wife looks at the temp gauge in her Jetta is because it's sitting right beside the fuel gauge. And even then, she has no idea what it means and what she should look for (if anything at all).

But if you buy a Mazdaspeed 3, chances are, you are not the average Joe and there are even more chances that you'll be looking at that gauge. I know I always do, especially until I don't have confirmation from it that the engine is at operating temperatures.

Why the hell would they do that? Does the car have a system that keeps the engine at operating temps even overnight? I guess not...

In any case, thank you for the help and sorry for the rant.
I think I'll move on with the plan of installing one. I have the wide red display (no MID in mine) and there seems to be some room to its right, perhaps even installing it behind the clear trim, to make it look even more of a stock option.

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
I agree that there aren't enough gauges on the 2010's. At the very least, I want oil pressure, voltage, and coolant temp.

You could just get a Scangauge II and a blendmount. Out of the way, plus you get a lot of other functionality too.
Scanguage II and Blendmount

·
Registered
227 Posts
:signs064:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yep I agree also, I'm using the original Scangauge on my car and its great! When I purchase my Mazda 3, I'm going to purchase the new Scangauge II

·
One 3, one 7, one fun!
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for this tip, sounds like an awesome thing.
Now I need to figure out where to install it without making it look like I shoehorned it in my new car...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts