2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I bought a car a few days ago and it was in an accident. The car wasn't too much damage and the rim itself is not bad at all just a few scratches. Anyways, I saw that the tie rod was bent and I replaced it yesterday and I fixed my toe. However, at the moment to take the car out of the drive way my wife noticed something else. The wheel looked bent. Well, It looks like I have a bad camber :sad 1:. I put the car back up and took the rim off but I can't see anything bent at all. I have bad eye sight so maybe I missed something? Here's a few pictures. Let me know what you guys think! Any help is really appreciated!

PS: I think on the picture I see a bent on the control arm but I'm not sure... What do y'all think?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
the way the light reflects off the shock tube looks like its dented inwards - towards the car

maybe the rim hit the tube in the accident? and that force also pushed other items inwards - buckling various parts somewhat?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the way the light reflects off the shock tube looks like its dented inwards - towards the car

maybe the rim hit the tube in the accident? and that force also pushed other items inwards - buckling various parts somewhat?
Well, It seems that it could be the strut asy... I looked at it at night and that's why I couldn't tell it was bent. I just checked it this morning and... Well, the picture speak for itself. Thanks for the help guys! I will buy 2 new one and check if that fixes the problem. I really hope it's only the strut that's causing the camber. I really don't see anything else bent other than the strut. As for the rim, I don't think it's bent. I mean, it could be but I'll try to put another rim to check. As you can see on the pictures the rim barely got damaged...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts