2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
According to this Aliexpress offer it might be the 30 teeth gear:
"€ 4,96 | 1 piece 30 teeth car motor Automatic folding Rearview mirror Metal gear for 2013 year Mazda M6 M3 atlas CX-5 CX-7 car"
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bdy7E812

But don't you have a guarantee? If so, let the dealer fix it for free...
The guarante for electrical mirror was only for 1 year or 20000km.
But yesterday I already corrected this problem by my self.
In an all pages that I found say that the problem begins when some one move the mirrors by his hands (breaking the gear inside of the motor mechanism) but:
I remove the mirror,
I remove the crystal,
I remove the back colored cover,
I remove the main metal support,
And finally I remove the mirror motor mechanism them:
I opened this mechanism looking for this special gear and I can see this gear in a perfect state!!!! After that I clean of gears and parts replacing old grace them I changing for a new one and finally resolved the problem.
Please note that my Mz6 is 2018 with 20500km. Is clear for me that is a factory problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
this is a very common problem amongst the mazda vehicles. so far 3 of the mazdas in our family all had to go in for warranty repairs because of these poorly designed mirrors.
even the dealer was saying that water gets inside the mechanism when it shouldn't.
i'd be pushing your mazda dealer to get it replaced under some kind of warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I have 2017, 1.5l petrol. Same issue with mirror (one side only). Did you get deeper into the subject? Can you suggest a solution?

Jacek

I have the same issue on my 2017 3 GT - similar to few posts before. After washing the car with pressure washer, the water somehow get inside the mirror housing and then folding only works partially on the driver side. After drying up / few hours it comes live again and works without issues. Based on my mechanic's advice, I turned off the auto folding function via the door switch and use it only when its really required. According to him these have construction issues - weak/plastic parts used which will fail sooner or later.

Worth a question to the dealer... however they might going to refuse warranty repair due to its a tear-wear part.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi,
I have 2017, 1.5l petrol. Same issue with mirror (one side only). Did you get deeper into the subject? Can you suggest a solution?

Jacek
Hi, nope never bothered to do anything with it. The folding is still set to Off position on the door switch.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have it sorted! Little squirt of WD-40 behind the mirror glass on the side of the door and it works like new. Such an easy fix.
Nice one! It's an easy fix. The WD-40 leaves a waterproof film on the surface, however the process needs to be repeated time by time.
Thanks for sharing!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts