2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Good Luck. I was told that if i unplug the cluster, it will trigger the car's immobilizer and the car would have to be towed to the stealership to fix. I just wanted to remove it to paint the silver rings though. From what i read, the cable does have a little bit of slack to it though so you might be able to just move it. I don't know what you mean by LED dash conversion so i am not sure how much you need to take apart.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Good Luck. I was told that if i unplug the cluster, it will trigger the car's immobilizer and the car would have to be towed to the stealership to fix. I just wanted to remove it to paint the silver rings though. From what i read, the cable does have a little bit of slack to it though so you might be able to just move it. I don't know what you mean by LED dash conversion so i am not sure how much you need to take apart.
unplug battery first?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
I would never help another man remove his speedo......

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hay duoof

Thanks for that advice mate sounds like a no go plan well I'm gonna take it to Mazda tomorrow after work n see wot they say if I can pull it out with out affecting the car if I can get then to sho me how to take it out lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well a led dash conversion I where you pull apart the speedo n take out the stock led light from the motherboard and replace them with new ones I'm wanting to change mine to red n blue like the first BL mps model.

I did a led dash conversion on my commodore I'll sho u pics so u get wot i mean

Green led dash lights standard from factory befor I did dash conversion

Blue led dash conversion I did after among of owning the car

So that's wot I'm wanting to do to my mps hope this helped you to get wot I mean

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Its the same way pudlgut what part doesnt come out and pulling doesn't disable the vehicle. Btw which holden is that?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Nice wish they sold Australian cars here in the US.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha yeh i miss my adventra i miss the luxary n the 4x4 system i so midd going off road in it they. Use did hav the Pontiac gto also the gxp and the australian designed chev camaro ;) and use are getting our new vf Holden commodore nxt year which will be a chev ss

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heres a you tube vid of my adventra out in the bush something to have a laugh at.. Also a few more if u go through my vids on there an sum on the Mazda

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
did you ever end up doing this?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts