2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new on this forum and decided to post for some help on a Mazda 3 decision factor.

I currently have a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0Turbo AWD limited top of the line SUV, however with just me, my wife, and our daughter, we decided to downsize to a Mazda 3 for the reasons of simply saving on gas and the monthly payment.

We're looking to step into a 2015 Mazda 3 sports hatchback GT with the manual transmission and luxury package (too bad they don't have the tech package with the manual) because I really miss driving a manual and a fun car, however we're looking for insight if this would be too cramped up for anyone who owns a Mazda3 with kids. Basically would it be sufficient to hold a baby seat, stroller, and to make weekend trips?

Also since this is a fully loaded Mazda3, and also since I still have to owe money on my Hyundai, I'm not saving as much as I expected however I'm still saving a good amount. Will the gas savings be worth it and have any of you done the downsizing to a Mazda3?

Thanks for your help,
Ben.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am wondering if you should be looking at the CX5. Think the CX5 and mazda 3 GT have the same engine. Just more for room.
I have a mazda 3 S-GT and love it but have no kids. Room is great. But I am not downsizing. I do enjoy the gas mileage on it. I did go from a mazdaspeed to this. So no more premium gas and great gas mileage.
The CX5 is priced around the same as a mazda 3. Something to consider.
With one kid I think you would be ok with the downgrade. But if their is more future plans than maybe not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. The CX-5 is a bit bigger, but no manual on the highest trim. I do want a manual transmission and also resale value with a manual 3 GT s is much higher than a manual cx5 or 6.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
You should have plenty of room unless you decide to have 2 more children. I live in Thailand where people are smaller than most Americans (boy that sounds politically incorrect. lol) and have no problem fitting myself and 3 adult Thais comfortably in the car. As for saving gas money it depends on how many miles you drive.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Resale value higher but cost lower.:smile2:

Yup was checking into the CX5 more. It is more on cost.

With a manual 3 and this time of year for 2015 you should be able to catch a good deal.

From the santa fe your mpg goes from 18/24 to 27/37...nice savings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts