2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 2010 Speed3 in May of last year... it has 16,000 mi. so I do a lot of driving! I'm a good driver, but I do have a bit of a lead foot and put the turbo to good use.
Anyways, for the last week its been having a few issues that seem to be getting worse. It "putts" a little, especially at lower speeds. if I really floor it, the turbo will spool up almost half way, lag a little, and then continue. The tailpipes are more black than usual. In general I have much less torque and a less smooth ride than I'm used to...
Now I'm not a mechanic, nor am I great at diagnosing cars so I know it needs to see a dealer, Soon! Any ideas of what it could be? Anything that can help me, help them find the issue?
Thanks for any help...

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
Sounds like you might be getting to much fuel for some reason. best to just take it in to the dealer and have them deal with it. wont cost you a dime.

·
Registered
238 Posts
sounds like the spark plugs are bad. Do you have an after market BOV? If YES, that could also be issue, otherwise its the plugs. Not getting a clean spark to ignite fuel so it goes out the tailpipe.

·
1,091 Posts
Did you modify it any way? Sounds like it could be a mild vacuum leak, especially if it has a rough idle. You're not flooring it in high load situations (lugging the engine) right? Like, not flooring it at 60mph in 6th gear? Try and saving flooring for when you're in a power band that's ready to accept some strain, like over 3500rpm. Don't drive it like an N/A car.

·
zoom~
848 Posts
when's the last time you change the intake/cold filter?

my 2.5 was complaining with less mileage. Now she's all better.

·
Registered
41 Posts
1. Do not go WOT under 3k rpm in these cars
2. Switch to 1 step colder spark plugs (Denso ITV22)
3. You're under factory warranty... Use it, if you think there is a problem

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
596 Posts
1. Do not go WOT under 3k rpm in these cars

2. Switch to 1 step colder spark plugs (Denso ITV22)

3. You're under factory warranty... Use it, if you think there is a problem
Number 1 - with a proper tune this can slide down a little but not much

Number 2 - Agree, but made sure you gap to stock numbers

Number 3 - depending upon mods this is a no brainer, use the warranty, if you have flashed return to stock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts