2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife saw me drive into the driveway yesterday and said "you have something hanging down from the bottom of your car." Sure enough, there is some bracket that is holding some thing that looks like it might have only been held on by a single bolt. The joys of winter... looks like the bolt hole is rusted and the whole bracket is hanging. I don't know what this is though. It doesn't look structural. I took the car to the local shop, but I'd like to cross check with you fine folks first. Will be good to know before they call back and tell me (a BS answer).

This is a 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5 GT - MT. This bracket is just inboard of the driver's side front wheel. I looked online for an undercarriage diagram that would call this out, and I couldn't find one that specifically called out this part.

Natural followup, repairing it. Can they just weld this thing back into place? Or would there be more to it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does have headlights that re-point with the car while its turning to better expose a corner. Not sure if that is auto headlight leveling or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts