2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 mazda 3 and tonight i pressed the voice button on the steering wheel and it didn't work. I thought it was the button at first but then I realized it was the car's voice that wasn't working. Nav, text message reading, voice button...none of it worked.

I verified that the Nav volume was all the way up. The left driver speaker would cut out ( and actually stay out) if I enabled navigation.

I did shut the car off while putting in gas and when I restarted the problem was still there.

Again all buttons work, blue tooth worked, left speaker would turn the music off, nav volume on max, but still nothing.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a 2017 mazda 3 and tonight i pressed the voice button on the steering wheel and it didn't work. I thought it was the button at first but then I realized it was the car's voice that wasn't working. Nav, text message reading, voice button...none of it worked.

I verified that the Nav volume was all the way up. The left driver speaker would cut out ( and actually stay out) if I enabled navigation.

I did shut the car off while putting in gas and when I restarted the problem was still there.

Again all buttons work, blue tooth worked, left speaker would turn the music off, nav volume on max, but still nothing.

Any ideas?
Nav volume setting is different than the voice commands. Try to press voice command button and then immediately increase the volume. That could help.

·
Keen driver of the 2017 3
15 Posts
The issues described by the OP appear to be common to the latest incarnation of the MZD Connect system on the 2017 Mazda 3 running version 59 firmware. The faults are intermittent - i.e sometimes it works fine; sometimes it doesn't. The dealer was able to generate the same problems on their M3 demos. There are other issues too, like the 00:00 clock freeze.

If you turn everything off and leave it for half an hour the faults will usually clear.

You need to complain bitterly to your dealer (and to Mazda) as I did. While they eventually replaced some parts (CMU), the issues have persisted on mine and we (the dealer and me) are holding out for the next firmware update (i.e. the update to v59).

I have found that if you get in the car, turn on accessory mode and let the MZD Connect initialise uninterrupted (i.e for about 1 min), it usually works fine after you then start the engine. If you just get in and start the engine immediately, it is a crapshoot as to what works OK and what doesn't. Hardly a satisfactory workaround though.

Problems with MZD Connect like this should never have found their way into production.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, so I can go into my car this morning getting ready to run down to the dealer and everything works. I had read that it does take at least 10 minutes some say with the doors locked, for it to really clear out any issues.

Guess we'll see. I was thinking about doing the updates but I'm not very far behind and it sounds like it wipes out all your favorites and settings so I'm not eager to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts