2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Today I retrofitted a BN Steering wheel on my BM Mazda 3.
I did my research as best as I could and checked everything that I needed to make this a successful retrofit, but I have 2 issues, on the new BN steering wheel the "info" and "mode" button do not work, I don't have the option to set speed limit and to see the different info screens on the right instrument cluster screen as per this video:

I provided pictures of the control and connectors differences:

BM Controls
BN Controls
Both Controls

Am I missing something, is perhaps the instrument cluster the issue here since it was refreshed for BN? Some faulty part or incorrect part? Or something that needs reprogramming with software?
Thanks for your help!
G-d bless you all!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Read the information in Russian, he indeed had a lot of difficulties, modifying the board is required and the speed limiter is not guaranteed to work, but least he got the info button to work normally.
Either way this is definitely over my skills, I'll need to find an alternative solution.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Read the information in Russian, he indeed had a lot of difficulties, modifying the board is required and the speed limiter is not guaranteed to work, but least he got the info button to work normally.
Either way this is definitely over my skills, I'll need to find an alternative solution.
After looking at both & their differences physically way back, I stopped the pursuit. With persistence, it can be done. Good luck to yours, sir.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
You'll find a happy dealer out there who will take your $$ and make everything right. For ex., there's one about 250 miles from me that says yes to any electrical programming, tuning, anything...they WILL get it done (Dallas/Arlington). But one on my doorstep (Houston)? Nope. Crickets. Nothing. "Stop changing from stock." It depends on locale.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,143 Posts
CS makes a really nice steering wheel for your car. Not mine though..

Good luck with your project.
CK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts