2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to adjust the tension on the left linkage arm under the shifter boot. I made the adjustment but didn’t realize I lost the rubber/ plastic ring that kept the arm and base attached .
Now it just wiggles around and will surely come loose if I drive it this way.

I made a call to the dealership and couldn’t describe or name the part well enough for the associate on the phone . He was only able to quote me $150 for the entire linkage cable.

I would like to know the name of this piece and if possibly a place I can buy it at.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
You already have it all apart, why not just take the shifter out and find the missing piece? Its almost certainly under the shifter cage somewhere, can't be hard to find. You can't drive it anyhow like that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You already have it all apart, why not just take the shifter out and find the missing piece? Its almost certainly under the shifter cage somewhere, can't be hard to find. You can't drive it anyhow like that.

I did take out the shifter assembly out . Looked between all the cracks and I could not find it . There is a few spots where it could have gone down deep into the console area below the carpet . No idea how to pull that up without ripping apart the carpet on sides if console .

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,439 Posts
Where's MacGueyver when you need him....

I would get a ride over to the dealership and show them the part you need on one of their cars. They may need to order a whole new shifter, but it's better than not driving it.
CK

Reactions: Moval

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Where's MacGueyver when you need him....

I would get a ride over to the dealership and show them the part you need on one of their cars. They may need to order a whole new shifter, but it's better than not driving it.
CK

Well I did and it turns out they don’t sell that rubber grommet part individually . It comes with the shifter cable linkage for 150.

I bought a rubber grommet kit with various sizes and got one to work As a temporary replacement while I order the other for a cheaper price elsewhere

1 - 5 of 5 Posts