2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing my oil change and installing my Fumoto valve this morning and noticed that one of the hose has some sort of leak (see attached pic). It wasn't really leaking but there's a build up of the grease along the hose.. Can anyone point me as to what is it called and what the issue could be?

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
If those hard lines that its attached to goes to the steering rack like it looks like it does it'll be a power steering line. Which one I'm not certain.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's the pressure line for the power steering. The return line is held to the steel hard lines with clamps

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Can I replace this myself or has to be taken to a mechanic? Is this just a single hose or a whole assembly?

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
That's a power steering line, the mazda 3 from 04-13 all models use an electrically driven power steering pump(not belt driven like older cars) under the washer fluid tank to the passenger side of the engine bay and the rest of the system is a conventional power steer system. it is not all electric as many newer ones and even the 14+ 3s might be (I do not know on them) that looks like a feed hose to the rack from the pump, follow it back to where it gies is the easiest way, or go here: Shop Mazda Parts Online in the Midwest ? Zoom Zoom Nation Parts and enter your cars info they have diagrams and you might find that hose in the diagram, I would start with power steering as that's either a power steering hose or a/c hose more likely a power steering hose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts