2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm brand new here and I need help. I was trying to do all LED's in my 2011 Mazda 3 2.5L manual transmission. Back went fine. Got to front drivers side amber marker and I think (i'm sure) I connected the load resistor to the DRL wire instead of the flasher wire.

Now my day time running lights stay on ALWAYS. Even with the car "off" (key in pocket) and parked. It has killed my battery. I pulled the headlight fuses to get it jump started and got it to the dealer. They can't figure out what I fried either. (side note: I removed all of the LEDs/Resistors and went back to stock bulbs before taking to dealer).

Anyone been in my shoes? I'm afraid of what the dealer charges are racking up to be. :frown2:

Thank you so much

ps. I accidentally posted this in audio first. Sorry - new here and "Stress posting" - I'm freaked out

·
Engineer / Scientist
183 Posts
it sounds like you shorted a driver on the BCM (which should be the control module for your lighting)

you may need to have it taken apart and repaired (which consists of diagnoising and replacing components on the PCB) or replaced/reprogrammed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts