2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
Depends what kind of style you like, and what your budget is.
Under $200/rim you're looking at cast imitation rims like rota, konig, xxr, which all have pretty nice styles.
Going up to around $500/rim you'll end up with better quality rims that are a combination of cast and forged, like works, weddsport, SSR, advan and the sort.
If you're going fully forged you're looking into the $600+ range per rim like rays.

Your best bang for buck for good quality and lightweight will almost always be enkei rpf1's.
Depending on your budget, powder coating, or plastidipping is another option if they don't have the color you want.

Reactions: MazdaHatchback

·
Registered
136 Posts
Rotas are pretty lightweight and should have decent styles in 16 inches.

Kennykid is right, bang for your buck is probably the Enkei RPF1's but they will not have bronze. powdercoating them in bronze might be around $75/wheel

·
Registered
10 Posts
What color is your 3?

Just curious, my plan is eventually to also do bronze-ish wheels on my Meteor Gray hatch.

As much as I would like to, I can't justify (nor really afford) $2500 worth of wheels like Rays/Volk/Etc. on a $20,000 car. They're almost all gorgeous wheels, but couldn't do it. I'll probably wind up with some sort of rep like Rota's or something similar.

As others have said though, it you care more about value/performance over color, RPF-1's are hard to beat.

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
Never heard of them, and probably for good reason.
If you want quality, stick with the known name brands.

Wheels and suspension is not something you want to cheap out on.
They are the first things in between your car and the pavement.

·
Registered
508 Posts
TireRack's preview feature is decent. Find your car, filter and search for the rim you want and preview them on your car. You can even set the car's colour to yours to have a better idea of what it looks like.

If bronze is your colour, filter the rims by colour. You can search them by brand, weight, colour, material, etc.

www.TireRack.com

·
Registered
508 Posts
are Kosei K4R good wheels
Yes but keep in mind they are 12lbs per rim. You're saving approx. 8lbs per corner versus stock rims but make sure you get some reliable.

For $169 per rim (16"), I would dish out more and get Enkei Racing RPF1 @ $211 per rim. They only weight 13lbs and are very tough from what I have read on other forums.

If you are considering bronze rims, the Sparco Drift/Assetto Gara are good choices @ $123/130 per tire and 18/16lbs each.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Depends what kind of style you like, and what your budget is.
Under $200/rim you're looking at cast imitation rims like rota, konig, xxr, which all have pretty nice styles.
Going up to around $500/rim you'll end up with better quality rims that are a combination of cast and forged, like works, weddsport, SSR, advan and the sort.
If you're going fully forged you're looking into the $600+ range per rim like rays.

Your best bang for buck for good quality and lightweight will almost always be enkei rpf1's.
Depending on your budget, powder coating, or plastidipping is another option if they don't have the color you want.
Holy smoley. Please tell me where you're getting your $500 Works. Mine are $4500 for the set retail. $1100/Rim

·
Registered
411 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Seriously? They are one of the most popular and best wheels at that price point.

One a side note, I looks like you are taking a lot of time making multiple threads to help you make a decision on which wheel to get, but at the end of the day you have to get what you like and what makes sense for your budget.
I was thinking about getting them and powered coating them a bronze color
Couldn't have said it any begtter myself.

Also, don't ruin a set of RPF1's with bronze PC...

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
@OP
As we've been saying, you can't beat RPF1's in terms of cost to performance.
Getting them powder coated is completely up to you.

Holy smoley. Please tell me where you're getting your $500 Works. Mine are $4500 for the set retail. $1100/Rim
Lol, it also depends what series of rims within the brands you're getting. Obviously a work Meister will cost more than their emotion line.
Last I checked the emotion lineup costs around 300-400 per rim.

·
Registered
260 Posts
@OP
As we've been saying, you can't beat RPF1's in terms of cost to performance.
Getting them powder coated is completely up to you.

Lol, it also depends what series of rims within the brands you're getting. Obviously a work Meister will cost more than their emotion line.
Last I checked the emotion lineup costs around 300-400 per rim.
True

·
Achtung!
879 Posts
As previously stated, cost to benefit ratio for the RPF1s is too good to move past.

Or you can look at VRwheels, memoryfab, panda garage, nwp4life forums for some used wheels from a different manufacturer - like Rays, Weds, Work, SSR...

But you're going to be in the $800~1500 range depending on condition and rarity.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts