2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I need help. Sorry I’m advance for the lengthy post.

I have a 2018 6 speed Mazda 3 hatchback.

I installed the H11/9005 with the R1 resistor kit and it’s been working great for a couple of weeks. Yesterday afternoon I installed the JBR short shifter plate/bushings and the corksport intake. I noticed later in the evening that the drivers side low beam headlight was not working (passengers side worked).

1. Today I tried switching the drivers side HID with passengers side and only the passengers side worked.
- My conclusion: Both HIDs worked, only on passenger side.

2. I then tried switching the black boxes attached to the HID’s and again only the passengers side worked.
- My conclusion: Both boxes worked, only on passengers side.

3. The only thing I haven’t done is trying going back to the stock low beam headlight bulbs. I will have to try that tomorrow.

Does anyone know what could be wrong? I’m not sure if the drivers side is shorted somehow and/or how it could have happened. The only thing that I could see possibly affecting it is when I unplugged the battery during installation of the JBR short shifter kit and plugged it back in.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello everyone. I need help. Sorry I’m advance for the lengthy post.

I have a 2018 6 speed Mazda 3 hatchback.

I installed the H11/9005 with the R1 resistor kit and it’s been working great for a couple of weeks. Yesterday afternoon I installed the JBR short shifter plate/bushings and the corksport intake. I noticed later in the evening that the drivers side low beam headlight was not working (passengers side worked).

1. Today I tried switching the drivers side HID with passengers side and only the passengers side worked.

- My conclusion: Both HIDs worked, only on passenger side.

2. I then tried switching the black boxes attached to the HID’s and again only the passengers side worked.

- My conclusion: Both boxes worked, only on passengers side.

3. The only thing I haven’t done is trying going back to the stock low beam headlight bulbs. I will have to try that tomorrow.

Does anyone know what could be wrong? I’m not sure if the drivers side is shorted somehow and/or how it could have happened. The only thing that I could see possibly affecting it is when I unplugged the battery during installation of the JBR short shifter kit and plugged it back in.

If you have a relay harness, mine ended up being faulty and the problem would switch sides. I also installed a capacitor on the driver side oem input to reduce the chance of flickering. I also had an issue with an earlier kit on the igniters not firing. Check bulbs, igniters, ballasts, relay and grounds-sorry for not explaining it better-pm me and I’d be happy to share what I found since I’ve have my fair share of electrical mishaps/experimentation (was my fault though).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Owners manual, starting at section 6-63
Identify the headlight fuses and see if one is burned out.
It was the fuse! Replaced and everything worked like a charm. Thank you so much for the help..

Not sure why it blew in the first place but hopefully it doesn’t happen again! Thanks everyone. Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts