2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have no idea what the problem to this is. My ms3 was running fine yesterday.. I recently installed HKS BOV which I am not sure if it have anything to do with it. It ran perfectly for the past week with the BOV. Today I tried cranking my ignition and the car starts vroom goes to about 2k rpm and then drops low and dies out. I seriously don't know what is the cause of this. I mean, could it be any of the spark plugs going bad? I only driven this baby for 7k. I double checked my intake for any air leakage and everything seems tight and secure. Anyone have an idea? Thanks

Edit: problem fixed. it was the intake having vacuum leak somewhere i have no idea from where. I reverted back to stock now -.-

·
Registered
598 Posts
aftermarket intake?

Maybe throw the stock BOV on to see if it makes any difference.....??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have no idea what the problem to this is. My ms3 was running fine yesterday.. I recently installed HKS BOV which I am not sure if it have anything to do with it. It ran perfectly for the past week with the BOV. Today I tried cranking my ignition and the car starts vroom goes to about 2k rpm and then drops low and dies out. I seriously don't know what is the cause of this. I mean, could it be any of the spark plugs going bad? I only driven this baby for 7k. I double checked my intake for any air leakage and everything seems tight and secure. Anyone have an idea? Thanks

Edit: problem fixed. it was the intake having vacuum leak somewhere i have no idea from where. I reverted back to stock now -.-
good for you. but can i ask you a question. I had a same problem as yours..but i have no idea how to fix it. i was driving from work to the house and just parked my car on the nearby store but i observed the same symptoms as what had happened to you. could it mean there is a leakage on my auto? I badly need some car help...thanks in advance...:rulez2 1:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good for you. but can i ask you a question. I had a same problem as yours..but i have no idea how to fix it. i was driving from work to the house and just parked my car on the nearby store but i observed the same symptoms as what had happened to you. could it mean there is a leakage on my auto? I badly need some car help...thanks in advance...:rulez2 1:
hi, have you installed an aftermarket intake? if so, that could be a definite reason for what's happening to you. My car ran good as new after I switched back to my stock intake. Found out that my intake welding wasn't done properly, thus causing air leakage. After the intake was fixed it worked fine again. Have you installed any other parts like exhaust? checking hoses and making sure clamps are properly tightened at the correct spots will help. If everything is stock then you should take it to your local dealer it is under warranty. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts