2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
no sensor anywhere near the emblem, you`re safe. I followed the tips in the how-to for that exact task (found in the how-to section, incidentally LOL) and it was really easy. My advice: make a one time use tool out of a coat hanger (I used an old bicycles spoke) to get to the tabs on the emblem, lest you risk breaking them. (a new emblem is like $17 so even if you break it, it`s not the end of the world)

edit (and what is it with the thumbnails not opening lately?): Once the thumbnail opened I see that emblem looks different than any I have seen in person. If so, disregard my above advice.

·
Registered
55 Posts
if you have the radar cruise, sadly you cannot cover it without loosing the function. that being said, I have seen modified ones in japan that are of the "evil M" variation ;)

Reactions: aljannn

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do we have the same emblem? comes with radar sensor?
I don't think they're the same. Yours look like it's flat and the parts surrounded by the chrome logo has a glass/plastic plate. Mine doesn't have that plate, it's just a hole there and at the bottom of the hole is just hard plastic.

Mine doesn't have any of the driving assist radars, I think the only radar mine has is the rain sensor and ambient light sensor.

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
You'd be better off just putting a piece of tint over it than plasti-dipping. The front emblem like yours looks so cool the way it is, why mess with it??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts