2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am having a terrible time with my 2014 Mazda 3 IGT. I recently updated my HTC One M7 to Android 5.0.2 (on AT&T). Ever since the update, the bluetooth connects, stays connected for ~30 seconds to a minute, disconnects, reconnects, and repeats the cycle. This is a hassle for me for multiple reasons:
  • cannot make phone calls or receive texts
  • system defaults back to FM after disconnect, so cannot safely listen to music/podcasts
Things I have tried to remedy the issue:
  • Called the dealship. They recommended replacing the bluetooth module (which I did not do).
  • Unpaired and repaired the phone
  • Called the Mazda Bluetooth support line. They suggested I try pairing another phone to the car and/or updating the system (currenly on v31). I tested an iphone 5 today without issues.
Another item to note: I can pair the phone with other bluetooth devices (speakers, handsets, etc.) without issue.

Is anyone else out there having this issue? Do we think it's an issue with the Mazda Infotainment System and Android Lollipop?

Thanks,
Ian

·
Registered
101 Posts
Really strange, I have a M7 with 5.0.2 but Android Revolution HD and works just fine.

Maybe resetting both the car and the phone to factory?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have the M8 and when it first updated to Android 5, it was a little goofy with the car. I just deleted the profile off the phone and the car, did a manual reboot of the infotainment system and rebooted the phone. Once both were back up, I just paired the phone like it was a new device and it's been fine since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info and insight, guys. I'd like to avoid performing a factory reset on my phone if possible.

How do I go about rebooting the infotainment system? Or do you just mean turning off the car and turning it back on? Thanks, again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Didnt Mazda upgraded the bluetooth hardware in the 2015 because they were having issues with 2014 chips. Mine run fine on Z2 lollipop 2015 Mazda 3 I

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thanks for the info and insight, guys. I'd like to avoid performing a factory reset on my phone if possible.

How do I go about rebooting the infotainment system? Or do you just mean turning off the car and turning it back on? Thanks, again.
I believe you hold Mute+Fav+Nav buttons in the car for 10 seconds. This will force the Infotainment system to reboot.

Normally when the car is powered off, it just puts the system in a hibernation state, it doesn't do a full reboot each time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Some devices had this kind of problem if running on art with kitkat instead of dalvik, and I believe some of those devices still had the problem with the lollipop update (which only runs on art). You might end up having to do a factory reset, or find a way to reset the bluetooth only with root access.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts