Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is better?

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Which is better?

Off the factory, these Skyactivs have been well thought out. You won't need hardware upgrade, really. Just grab OVT + RB or Ultimate Racing(again, optional). The gains of a freer flowing exhaust alone, unlike w/ other engines, won't be bang4buck....unless you're after some butt bling & a more noticeable roar.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thank you!!! The exhaust i can't find the ones you recommend. Do mind if you have the links to them please 🙏. I have a 2016 madza 3 I sport sedan 2.0l

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This one better then a cat back exhaust? And think you for helping, I been looking for someone to help me to improve my car, I want to make it more fun to drive

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
This one better then a cat back exhaust? And think you for helping, I been looking for someone to help me to improve my car, I want to make it more fun to drive
Again, Skyactivs won't really gain much from intake & exhaust upgrades...skip the added expense of a catback & just go axleback, if you must....but get OVT if more fun is your aim.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,250 Posts
A proper intake and an axle back will get you maybe 10 or so hp when you do the tune. Depending on your budget, if you are planning on doing the intake or exhaust do it before you do the tune so you don't need to make adjustments later.

·
Banned
16 Posts
OVTune told me they no longer support the Mazda tune, and certainly no longer sell it. If you somehow got ahold of it, and something went wrong: you're fucked. Doesn't seem worth the very modest gain performance wise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks. Guess it's vivid racing's tune. Anybody heard anything about theirs?

Edit 6/23/2020

So I emailed ovt the other day and just checking my email tonight i saw he had gotten back to me and said that they were still able to provide the mazda 3 tune.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am curious about this. I emailed about 2 months ago and was told the same thing. I still plan on doing this or drtuned, but just replaced the wheels and lowered, so stalled a little on the tune.

·
Super Moderator
5,250 Posts
OVTune told me they no longer support the Mazda tune, and certainly no longer sell it. If you somehow got ahold of it, and something went wrong: you're fucked. Doesn't seem worth the very modest gain performance wise.
I wish people would start actually reading threads before posting incorrect information.....this has been discussed sooooo many times...
For the 1000000th time, the OVT website is for Toyota products only, Matt doesn't do Mazdas any more. However, Rafael at OVT Ph does. Use the Zendesk email that has been posted in every OVT thread to contact him....
You obviously don't know what the OVT tune is about. Its hardly a "very modest performance gain".....

·
Banned
16 Posts
It's modest at best:

From OV Tune on my 2017 Mazda 3 GT Auto (2.5)

I crunched some numbers from the raw spreadsheet log, but then confirmed it with the MazdaEdit...specifically looking at the Dyno - Speed and Distance Tab.

Stock :

3000 - 5000 RPM took 6.858 seconds
80 - 120 KPH (50 - 75 MPH) took 5.927 seconds

Final:

3000 - 5000 RPM took 6.715 seconds
80 - 120 KPH (50 - 75 MPH) took 5.787 seconds

Sorry... but trimming 0.15 seconds for $600 has to be the worse investment ever :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts