2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, well I just bought the 2017 Mazda3 4-door Sport with Preferred Package for my graduating daughter from high school. Will pick it up next week, and I plan on doing just some minor mods to it, mostly just for appearance. Came here to get some ideas and looking at some of the 3's and they look amazing. Especially Road Trip's build, really impressive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know yet, I'd better start saving some money...I just hope she doesn't mess around too much in college. I'm putting a dash cam on her car then I'll make her send me the card every month...hahaha.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
If we bring them up right when they live with us, with responsibilities and with defined consequences when they mess up, progressively giving them more and more both responsibility and freedom, most turn out really well.

I do pity the kids that leave from a totallly sheltered home, where they were coddled, their dumb mistakes ignored without consequences, no standards, etc., for those are the ones who leave home and tend to go off the rails.

I know this is very corny, but when we were talking on our outside porch, my wife five months pregnant with our first, we came up with the saying that our kids will be, "spoiled with love, but loved with defined limits!" We brought them up following that phrase, and with some luck along the way too, our kids turned out great (now 42 and 39) -- and their transition from leaving home to becoming adults went well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts