2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've liked the Mazda 3 for a long time now. I almost bought one in 2008 but they were out of manual transmission models due to the mid-model-year refresh they did... and instead of waiting, I ended up buying a used Volvo S60 (great car too).

The same year I managed to convince my dad to buy a 2008.0 Mazda 3 GS - 2.0 L with the 5-speed manual. He likes his car a lot.

A few years later a coworker needed to replace his Neon, and I got him to buy a used 2010 Mazda 3 GT sedan with the automatic.

Now it's come full circle and I own a 2013 Mazda 3 Sport GT with a 6-speed manual. The car was a great deal. Less than a year old, mostly highway driving, and only a hair more than half as much as buying a 2013 new (to heck with a 2014).

Eventually the car will be for my wife to commute, but she has to learn to drive a manual first. :cheesy:

My other car is a 2012 Subaru STi. The Mazda is certainly not as fast, but it also uses like 30% less gas... and it doesn't use premium. Haha.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome! That WRX is nice

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Love that WRX. That neighbourhood looks familiar...where are you from? Any chance Alberta?

·
such grim, vry kvlt, wow.
177 Posts
Welcome! Also, gonna parrot everyone else; that subbie is a dime.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the positive feedback on my STi, wasn't sure how it'd be received at a Mazda forum, haha.

I already asked this in the wheels thread, but does anyone know if stock Mazda 3 16" wheels will fit on a 2.5L car that came with 17" wheels from the factory? I need something for the winter.

Any chance Alberta?
Yep, that's outside my parents' place in northeast Edmonton.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks for all the positive feedback on my STi, wasn't sure how it'd be received at a Mazda forum, haha.

I already asked this in the wheels thread, but does anyone know if stock Mazda 3 16" wheels will fit on a 2.5L car that came with 17" wheels from the factory? I need something for the winter.
99.9% sure they should work. In general you can use the stock wheels from the i, s, and Mazdaspeed 3 across all the trim levels.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yep, that's outside my parents' place in northeast Edmonton.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I knew it...reconized those round curbs and the siding on the houses. Oh and dry yellow grass! LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts