2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i got a defuser lip for my 2016 madza 3 i sport. Can some one help me wire it? There's a wihte, yellow and a purple wires? Help please!!!

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,119 Posts
Umm... what?
CK

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The defuser i have has 3 wires set up, white, yellow and purple. What are the color of the yellow and purple for? + or -

·
Super Moderator
5,330 Posts
No clue....diffusers don't have wires....
But if you are de-fusing something, always cut the white wire first....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thank you. One more question does the 2016 madza 3 have a auto folding mirrors: plug and play?

·
Registered
83 Posts
A diffuser is an aerodynamic device it doesn't have wires.
My 3 has folding mirrors but they are manual, I.e. you turn a nob inside.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,119 Posts
What he said.. wtf are you talking about?

First... provide the following:

Year, make and model of your car.

Second.. provide a link or details to whatever device you are talking about.

A Diffuser (note spelling) is a device that attaches to the bottom of your front fender and helps with aerodynamics. It does not have wiring usually..
CK

·
Registered
83 Posts
You'll find a diffuser on the rear end of an F1 car (and probably other types of race car aswell) and causes a pressure difference which causes the car to be sucked to the ground to allow it go corner faster

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
He might've meant a 4th brake light/extra fog wiring. Some aftermarket diffusers come with that.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes thats the one. Sorry about not putting all the info. It fits perfectly. I'm just stuck on the wiring🤔. Can someone help me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Like minsanity said for the 4th brake light. Either it takes over the third brake light in the cabin or you splice it to run off the same connections for the factory 3rd light. Since that's a safety device I suggest doing your research on the proper way to do that.

A start is a guy who had a similar part for his 6. DIY: MV-Tuning Rear Diffuser (var.2) Install

·
Registered
14 Posts
So a company makes a custom-fit part for the car, but doesn't have instructions for wiring it in? Call/email them and get their input.

Some general advice for anyone that does work/modifications on their own car: buy the factory maintenance manual for the car. It saves so much time, and easily pays for itself in no time. I've bought a couple of them from emanualonline.com. For example, I bought a crashed Ford Flex with 124k miles on it, and got the shop manual for it. I've used it to have the right procedures to replace the water pump and timing chain, replace the dashboard, disassembly of various parts of the car, resolved wiring damage from the accident, and read up on what repairs I can do myself, and which are too involved for a home-gamer. In this case, the shop manual can give you the wiring diagram and colors of the factory wires for the brakes.

Of course, you could always black plasti-dip the lens on the new light and just not hook it up... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts