2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking for replacement for my 15 Subaru Forester XT for about a year, I finally took out a 17 Mazda 3 Grand Touring 6 speed manual for a test drive yesterday. I immediately knew that I wanted this car. The shifter and clutch are buttery smooth, and despite bring rated at 184hp, this one feels strong even with 7 miles on the odometer. I will be going back this later this morning to see if we can make the numbers work.
It has been about six years since I got rid of my much beloved 96 Maxima SE 5 speed. I have dearly missed driving a manual and look forward to actually enjoying driving again. I'll post a picture if I buy it today.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just picked up the 17 GT 6 speed manual. Very easy buying process, it took about two hours including trading in my previous car. The $2000 rebate and the generous trade in allowed me to get my payments at $100 less than before.
After about 10 minutes of driving, I felt comfortable driving a manual again. This morning, I took it up Little Cottonwood Canyon thats starts at 4500 feet and ends up around 8200 at Alta. Pretty amazing drive, it handles like its on rails and the engine pulls great even though I'm keeping it under 5000 rpms for the first couple of hundred miles. My footwork still feels like I have concrete in my shoes, but I'll get there soon.
I have a tow hitch from E Trailer.com to carry my mountain bike and Weather Tech floor liners on the way. I will also be getting the windows tinted next week. No other mods expected, it's perfect for me as it sits.
Thanks to all in the forum, I expected to learn a lot about the Mazda 3 from the other enthusiast in here.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just picked up the 17 GT 6 speed manual. Very easy buying process, it took about two hours including trading in my previous car. The $2000 rebate and the generous trade in allowed me to get my payments at $100 less than before.
After about 10 minutes of driving, I felt comfortable driving a manual again. This morning, I took it up Little Cottonwood Canyon thats starts at 4500 feet and ends up around 8200 at Alta. Pretty amazing drive, it handles like its on rails and the engine pulls great even though I'm keeping it under 5000 rpms for the first couple of hundred miles. My footwork still feels like I have concrete in my shoes, but I'll get there soon.
I have a tow hitch from E Trailer.com to carry my mountain bike and Weather Tech floor liners on the way. I will also be getting the windows tinted next week. No other mods expected, it's perfect for me as it sits.
Thanks to all in the forum, I expected to learn a lot about the Mazda 3 from the other enthusiast in here.
Congratulations! Thank you for choosing Mazda and joining the Mazda family!

May I ask what dealership you purchased your vehicle from?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts