2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New member from checking in from Tampa Bay FL.
I've had my 2007 MZ3 for 8 years now - time flies!!
It was used purely as a daily driver and kept completely stock until about a year ago when I signed up for my first autocross:laugh2:

It's still a daily driver and always will be, but as things wear out I will look to upgrade with handling in mind. I blew the stock front shocks at one of my first events so I replaced them with Koni yellows. The only other performance mod was adding a JBR rear sway bar that made a huge improvement in handling on the autocross course.

Anyway looking forward to picking up some more tips and info as time goes on. I do as much of my own wrenching as possible, luckily very little to do so far after 8 years of ownership, but I think it's getting to the age now where there will be more jobs cropping up especially since I'm giving it more abuse than ever with AX events about once a month. I only have just over 75k miles on the car so there's plenty of life left yet!
See you around.
Dan

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
:welcome:, Dan. Thanks for the great intro. Would love to see some pics, esp of your AX adventures, if you have any to share.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, so a couple of requests for pictures! Should I post them here in this thread or is there somewhere better to post them?

Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, where did my signature go? It was in my first thread but not in the reply above...

While I think of it, rereading my first post it sounds like I only replaced my front shocks with Koni yellows, but I should add that I replaced all four with Konis.

I have an AX coming up this Saturday - the joys of Florida weather, but I will not be campaigning the 3. For the first time since I started autocrossing I will be driving a fellow autocrossers 94 Miata. Yay for rear wheel drive action! I will let you know how it goes.
Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts