2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Patrick... I am a 52 YO elementary school custodian from Southern Illinois. I live with my 18 YO daughter... who is starting junior college this fall. We have leased a 2013 Mazda 3 SV to share while she is in college. We also own a 2011 Ford Focus and a 2010 Honda Sh150i.

I look forward to meeting all the active members of the forum, and learning all I can about the Mazda 3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you all for the greetings... have had to beg my daughter to let me drive the 3 a few times by washing it for her.

Have only used a spray wax so far... will wait until the weather cools off some before giving her paint a coat of Autoglym, Meguiars #20 Polymer Sealant or Mothers Synthetic Wax. The Autoglym is one of my favorites in the summer... the other 2 seem to be better in winter when I can only do a touchless tunnel wash due to freezing temps.

Picked up a Dollar General set of throwaway floor mats & brushed the OEM mats off... put them in the trunk for show only.

Already priced out some Altimax Arctics on Discount Tire Direct for purchase later this fall... I have a set mounted on OEM wheels for our Focus in the shed. This will be the third winter for the Ford's set... still have 8/32" of tread on them.

Starting to look at splash guards for install this fall also.

From the 3-4 times that I have driven the 3... I am in love.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum Patrick. Any pics of the car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only on Instagram from my iPhone... it cropped out bad... need to get the digital camera out after the next car wash...

Instagram

Check it out anyway... will put up better pics over the weekend...

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
Already priced out some Altimax Arctics on Discount Tire Direct for purchase later this fall... I have a set mounted on OEM wheels for our Focus in the shed. This will be the third winter for the Ford's set... still have 8/32" of tread on them.
Check for some winter tires on craigslist if u get some time! I drove an hour down to Ohio and picked up a set of General Altimax tires on discount tire 16 inch Momos for 350 bucks. He came down from 400 since I drove down. They had about 2000 miles on em. Great find, and ive seen more great deals in the past month. Now is the season to find em cheap. Great snow tires on a 3. Hope you have some luck like I did Patrick!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
While looking for the right car for my daughter... we test drove the Ford Fiesta, Scion iQ, Fiat 500, & Toyota Yaris, before deciding on the Mazda 3.

I was so impressed with the Scion iQ that I emailed the sales rep that we worked with, and asked him for an appraisal on our Ford Focus as a trade in... Friday evening I traded in the Focus on a 2013 iQ. My payment went down by $14 due to a lower interest rate, my insurance went down by $6 a month, and the iQ is rated at 36 city/37 highway MPG.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts