2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey forums, My family actually bought my 2012 Skyactiv Mazda3 Hatchback about a year ago, and I (the one who drives it the most) have recently been interested in customizing it. We've done so little that the dealer plates have been on up until today, when I went and bought some new black plate holders. Problem is i'm 17 and without a job, and I have big aspirations for my vehicle. Oh, and I'm a mega-noob when it comes to cars and stuff.

The changes I am looking to make in the near future are:
- Remove Skyactiv and "3" badge. My friend's cousin put the 3 on his dash somewhere, not sure how that would look but if anyone has heard of that could you tell me where to put it?

- Black Plasti-dip "Mazda" and M badge on back and M badge on front

- Paint the front badge housing white. (not sure of the word for it)
- Tint the windows

- Get rims. I found a set of RX-8 rims on craigslist for $200. I would probably spray paint those black on my own and somehow leave the Mazda logo in the middle white (anyone know how to do that too?). Sounds like a great deal to me and they come with tires too. Anyone know anything about Kumho Ecsta's
(225 45 18 ) and if they would be a good all around tire for a usually warm place like SoCal?

Obviously I want to change the actual performance of the car, but I don't have to money for these changes yet. Maybe I'll blow off all my graduation money on this car haha.

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Any pics of the car?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! Let me see if I can find a few. I don't have any custom stuff on it as of yet, though. It's got those terrible stock wheels that I probably won't replace for a long time unless I buy those RX-8 ones for 200.

One right when I got it and the other of me being weird while washing it haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thank you! Let me see if I can find a few. I don't have any custom stuff on it as of yet, though. It's got those terrible stock wheels that I probably won't replace for a long time unless I buy those RX-8 ones for 200.

One right when I got it and the other of me being weird while washing it haha.
Nothing like a picture of shirtless man to wake you up in the morning,

Unsubscribed
Hahaha sorry! Its a good shot of the car!
LMAO!!! Finally, someone with my sense of humor to lighten the mood! Although I wouldn't be caught dead with my shirt off near my car in fear of embarrassing myself :p

Welcome to the forum! Seeing as you are in SD, it is a hella hike up here to LA but maybe if we get a join-meet (which we have been talking about) together you can make the trek up. See ya around!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahaha! Thanks for the kind words! Yeah I wasn't trying to look good or anything, I just happened to have my shirt off while washing hahaha.

Yeah that would be cool I just need to make my car look better first! Speaking of which I did a nice, thorough wash yesterday and then it rained last night. Awesome. :argh 1:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hahaha! Thanks for the kind words! Yeah I wasn't trying to look good or anything, I just happened to have my shirt off while washing hahaha.

Yeah that would be cool I just need to make my car look better first! Speaking of which I did a nice, thorough wash yesterday and then it rained last night. Awesome. :argh 1:
Are you sure you live in SoCal? lmao rain...not sure what that is :p

Check out some of the meets...I think they do some coffee thing in SD that you might want to go to...you can meet up with some of the guys and start getting some stuff planned down that way :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts