2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a 2017 Mazda3 GT, and in anticipation I'm looking for an active and friendly forum about this car.

It'll be so nice to get back into the Mazda fold – my past three Mazdas have all been Miatas.

I had overlooked considering the Mazda3, without even having checked it out, until someone urged me to look at it. I was blown away by the 2017, and then fully convinced by an hour-long test drive.

What a phenomenal car! It's hard to believe the features, quality, performance, style and value that Mazda has offered at this price point.

I found a good deal yesterday on exactly the configuration that I was looking for, at the right price. Hoping to sign paperwork tomorrow and pick up the car within a few days.

Looking forward to hanging out here!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and may you have many blissful miles and smiles! Also so you're in San Diego OVtuned is there you should stop by the shop when you get a chance they offer tuning for our cars.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. Planning any mods? Post a photo of your ride when you get time. Happy motoring from Thailand.

Thank you and others for the nice welcome. I made an incredible deal this morning on exactly the configured car that I wanted.

Will post pics once my post count is sufficient.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Congratulations on your new Mazda3 Steven! With your prior ownership of three Miata's, know you will quickly add to this forum!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love the interior and I am planning on getting the parchment color for my own.

Did you treat the interior leather? How susceptible do you think it is to discoloration from clothing or normal wear?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love the interior and I am planning on getting the parchment color for my own.

Did you treat the interior leather? How susceptible do you think it is to discoloration from clothing or normal wear?

I haven't treated the leather yet. But I've had several past cars with light-colored leathers; soil and dye-transfer were never a problem.

The parchment interior is gorgeous... it shows off the seat detailing and makes the cabin feel open and modern.

Code:
[i]Side note: These seats are ridiculously comfortable.[/i]

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks great, nice photos and welcome aboard!

Reactions: stevenvillatoro

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello from Poland! :)

Congrats man, the car looks absolutely amazing, especially in soul red plus off-white leather seats.

I am so excited because I have been waiting for mine to arrive in about 2 weeks :)
I ordered same colour in hatch, 2.0L manual, just without the leather seats.
Unfortunately we can't get 2,5 L engine here in Europe. Big shame...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks! No to the window tint; not my thing.
You might want to look into 3M crystalline. It blocks 99% of the UV ( which is what fades and cracks your interior), plus 80-90% of the IR ( which is what heats up your interior).... and does it with a 70-90% light transfer ( meaning you can barely tell it's tinted)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts